Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the NBA Owe Kareem Abdul-Jabbar A Chance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the NBA Owe Kareem Abdul-Jabbar A Chance?

Does the NBA Owe Kareem Abdul-Jabbar A Chance?

Posted Aug 20, 2009 8:47AM By Tom Ziller

Lakers legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar made news Wednesday by complaining via Twitter that he's not being given a fair shake by NBA decision-makers. He wants to become a head coach, and he not only doesn't get interviewed for openings, but rarely even gets mentioned as a candidate by the quick-to-speculate media. Kareem has never been suggested a head coach candidate for any job in our vast considerations here on FanHouse, and a long ESPN.com story by J.A. Adande on Phil Jackson's potential successors eliminated Kareem from the outset.

Does the NBA Owe Kareem Abdul-Jabbar A Chance? -- NBA FanHouse

If he is qualified I would think hell yes---A great player doesn't make a coach though--

I would interview the guy that is for sure! I didn't read the article---does he have any coaching experience??

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
      If he is qualified I would think hell yes---A great player doesn't make a coach though--

I would interview the guy that is for sure! I didn't read the article---does he have any coaching experience??
      "I would argue that KAJ needs to be on a bench (he's a special assistant, not a bench assistant now) for a few years before he can start a real complaint campaign."

Per the article it appears they don't even approach him for coaching jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
        "I would argue that KAJ needs to be on a bench (he's a special assistant, not a bench assistant now) for a few years before he can start a real complaint campaign."

Per the article it appears they don't even approach him for coaching jobs.
        Has to be some skeletons in the closet.

Comment

Possibly the guy just needs groomed...I don't care if you are black---white or yellow--the only thing that matters is winning...I don't understand.......... if I am an owner and I think a guy will help me win..regardless of race color or creed...who the fk cares! Bring me 10 white guys...10 Asians---10 whatever---I want to win..!! DAMN!

Comment

Originally posted by Guns View Post
            Has to be some skeletons in the closet.
            That's more or less what the article is stating.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
              That's more or less what the article is stating.
              Who doesn't though?? According to KAZ--you have a bunch of them!!

Comment

Who doesn't though?? According to KAZ--you have a bunch of them!!
                Serious skeletons.

Comment

Possibly the guy just needs groomed...I don't care if you are black---white or yellow--the only thing that matters is winning...I don't understand.......... if I am an owner and I think a guy will help me win..regardless of race color or creed...who the fk cares! Bring me 10 white guys...10 Asians---10 whatever---I want to win..!! DAMN!
                  10 Transvestite Hookers???

As long as they win and stay fully clothed right???

PK
                  No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Working...
                  X