Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Schmidt: MLB inconsistent on gambling, steroids

Mike Schmidt: MLB inconsistent on gambling, steroids
    Mike Schmidt says "baseball's inconsistency" may have resulted in Pete Rose's getting an unfair shake compared to players who may have used performance-enhancing drugs.

Mike Schmidt: MLB inconsistent on gambling, steroids - ESPN

Good Article!

Rose should be in the HOF. The man has been banned from MLB for 20 years now.

every clubhouse has a sign that states if you are caught gambling on a major baseball game you will be banned for life. What doesnt mike schmidt understand about this.

Baseball didnt get a steroid policy till 2005 so blame baseball for all those inflated numbers. They were well aware what was going on.

How do we know that schmidt wasnt juicing?

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann View Post
      every clubhouse has a sign that states if you are caught gambling on a major baseball game you will be banned for life. What doesnt mike schmidt understand about this.

Baseball didnt get a steroid policy till 2005 so blame baseball for all those inflated numbers. They were well aware what was going on.

How do we know that schmidt wasnt juicing?
      I think Schmidt stated back in his days they took uppers. Or I've read that about some of the players back then. Rose has been banned long enough. Unfortunately they probably won't put him in the HOF until after he dies.

Comment

Put Pete in!

He didn't gamble as a player, so why not put him in.
        Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Working...
        X