Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre gets standing-O in Vikes debut vs. Chiefs

Favre gets standing-O in Vikes debut vs. Chiefs
    What was once unthinkable became reality on Friday night under the big white top of the Metrodome - Brett Favre received a standing ovation in Minnesota. Long considered the most dastardly of villains in Minnesota sports, Favre's decision to sign with the Vikings has instantly turned him into a quarterback viewed as the state's white knight and the team's key to a Super Bowl run.

Favre gets standing-O in Vikes debut vs. Chiefs - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

And to think everyone is pissed at him

Viking fans love Favre!

Comment

VIDEO: Marvez on Favre's slow start
      Brett Favre's poor debut didn't stop Vikes fans from cheering him wildly. Alex Marvez says they have much to be excited about.

Video - Video Central - FOX Sports on MSN

Vikes' Favre: Arm feels fine, I just need more reps
      On Brett Favre's last of eight plays in his preseason debut with Minnesota, the blitz came hard. He looked downfield for Percy Harvin, expecting the rookie to make an inside move on the Kansas City safety, but as Favre felt the rush he flung the ball into no-man's land. It landed on the turf, and the Vikings turned to punt. "He actually kind of stuck the guy and went over the top, which is what he had been coached to do," Favre said. "I didn't know that. So that's where I need to catch up.

Vikes' Favre: Arm feels fine, I just need more reps - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

Comment

Bullshit, He's done. If I were a Vike fan I would not be happy that he's QBing the team. I doubt he even makes it through the season. Great news for us Bear fans though.

Comment

Originally posted by BearDown View Post
          Bullshit, He's done. If I were a Vike fan I would not be happy that he's QBing the team. I doubt he even makes it through the season. Great news for us Bear fans though.
          I'm not sold on Favre myself. Not all Vikes fans are. However if he's slightly better than either of the other 2 then it makes sense to take him. The Vikings were in the talk for preseason Top 5 NFC teams...Now they're in the talk for SuperBowl contenders. I'm with the talking heads...With the ridiculous running game he wont need to throw the ball 40 times a game. Not to mention a first rate run defense that should allow us to control field position...We'll see what happens.

PK
          No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

I'd rather go with Sage and take a chance. Yeah, the running game looks good but there is going to come a time when they need to throw. Favre's decision making is going to cost Minnesota more games than he's going to win them imo.

Comment

Nothing better than adding a HOF QB to your lineup. Especially when the other choices are named Jackson & Rosenfels!

Comment

Originally posted by BearDown View Post
                I'd rather go with Sage and take a chance. Yeah, the running game looks good but there is going to come a time when they need to throw. Favre's decision making is going to cost Minnesota more games than he's going to win them imo.
                Here's the problem...

If you take a flyer on Favre and he gets hurt then you havent lost anything other than giving Rosenfels a little longer working within the system here. If Favre plays terrible then he still wont necessarily be any worse than the other 2. I understand the move and think it's probably the best thing for winning right now. However I'm still not sure that it was the best thing overall. We'll see. A SuperBowl appearance will heal everything...

PK
                No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

The other 2 QB's they have can learn from Favre as he takes them to the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                  X