Burress Pleads Guilty To Felony Charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burress Pleads Guilty To Felony Charge

I didn't think it would come close to this - 2 years!

Former New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress pleads guilty, to serve 2 years in prison - ESPN

I thought it was a lot more than he should have gotten. A fine and probation would have been enough for me. I bet when he get's out he wont play in the NFC or AFC East .

Comment

Originally posted by BearDown View Post
      I thought it was a lot more than he should have gotten. A fine and probation would have been enough for me. I bet when he get's out he wont play in the NFC or AFC East .

A fine = a slap on the wrist = nothing

probation = a joke

The guy has a loaded gun in a bar where alcohol is served and could have killed someone by accident instead of shooting himself.

He is an idiot who should have known the states gun laws. If he is afraid that he will be a target for muggers, get a bodyguard.

I will say he never plays again in the NFL. He will be 34 when he gets out.
      NBA is a joke

Comment

another wanna be thug that has football talent but no brains

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post

probation = a joke

The guy has a loaded gun in a bar where alcohol is served and could have killed someone by accident instead of shooting himself.

He is an idiot who should have known the states gun laws. If he is afraid that he will be a target for muggers, get a bodyguard.

I agree what he did was illegal and extremely dangerous, but it just seems odd to me that he pleads to two years for this charge and we have a guy who acutally killed someone while drunk who got 30 days in jail.

What a legal system we have!!!

Comment

Why waste tax payer dollars on incarcerating this idiot? Fine him 2 million dollars and that would help some of the budget shortfalls the state of NY is having.

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post

probation = a joke

I am by no means a fan of this joker. However, coulda-shoulda-woulda-he didn't kill anyone. Stallworth did so these two punishments are a contradiction. Our justice system is f'd up IMO. Not taking up for Burress but jeaz...don't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Richt View Post
                I am by no means a fan of this joker. However, coulda-shoulda-woulda-he didn't kill anyone. Stallworth did so these two punishments are a contradiction. Our justice system is f'd up IMO. Not taking up for Burress but jeaz...don't make sense.

So becuase Stallworth got off light, it makes Burress look like a victim. Stallworth should have gotten a few years maybe himself.

The thing is with Stallworth is that he fully cooperated right from the start. Burress did not.

I do not know all the details but didnt the guy stallworth hit cross the road via jaywalking?
                NBA is a joke

Comment

Another American legal system travesty. He deserved to be punished. But 2 years is too harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                    Why waste tax payer dollars on incarcerating this idiot? Fine him 2 million dollars and that would help some of the budget shortfalls the state of NY is having.
                    I couldn't agree more. It is a huge waste of tax payer dollars. Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Richt View Post
                      Our justice system is f'd up IMO. Not taking up for Burress but jeaz...don't make sense.
                      Another post I agree with. Our system is a fucking joke. A friend of mine recently spent 3+ months in jail for his second DUI. Yet, here in the same state Stallworth serves 23 days for DUI homicide.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                        I couldn't agree more. It is a huge waste of tax payer dollars. Good point!
                        If we do that then all fines should be based on ones income.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                          Another post I agree with. Our system is a fucking joke. A friend of mine recently spent 3+ months in jail for his second DUI. Yet, here in the same state Stallworth serves 23 days for DUI homicide.
                          Fame + Power + Money = Getting off easier than others

Comment

Working...
                          X