Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarkenton critical of favre...yea fran!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst part about this which I have not heard mentioned anywhere??? Two year contract which means its five more months of this BS next off season!!!
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
      i am sure he has a hard time retiring--but hell-enough is enough-i don't think he has ever talked a ton to the media--i may be wrong..my only point is if he wasn't sure--then wait it out till you are..one time not knowing fine....2-3-4-5-6 times not fine.
      it isnt favre's fault that teams keep asking him to play... The packers told him 2 years ago, they had enough and moved on... Brett wants to play and was given an opportunity... If the desire is there, he has to play somewhere... He isnt asking and doesnt want all this media attention, just wants to play ball... Fan or not this is good for the game... Another rivalry is renewed!!!
      "MONEY WON IS TWICE AS SWEET AS MONEY EARNED!"

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
        If he fucks up with the playoffs on the line like he did with the Jets, then what?
        Nothing, he's still the greatest player to ever play the game. The Vikings will move on and so will Brett.
        "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by jhedrick View Post
          it isnt favre's fault that teams keep asking him to play... The packers told him 2 years ago, they had enough and moved on... Brett wants to play and was given an opportunity... If the desire is there, he has to play somewhere... He isnt asking and doesnt want all this media attention, just wants to play ball... Fan or not this is good for the game... Another rivalry is renewed!!!
          Exactly!! The guy lives on a farm in Mississippi, you think he cares about the media attention?
          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Favre has a problem, I am sure many others have the same problem, he can't leave the lime light, fame and fortune have made him what he is,,,and he craves the roar of the crowd. I don't blame him, I would too,,,but now since his skills have diminished it seems that his ego/need for attention can only be found by wavering between retirement and signing for that team that really needs him. ESPN fuels that fire, constant Brett Favre reporting, right now ESPN is equivalent to a drug dealer to Favre. I respect what he did as a great QB, but the ridiculous media attention that he now receives which seems like it may never end make me want to vomit. Good Luck Minny, may your TD passes equal your INT's.......if you are lucky.
            Let's Hammer the Book.

Comment

Farve WAS a great player once and because the quarterback situation in the NFL sucks, he is still probably in the top 15 in the league.
              I have 2 problems with what he has done - First, Farve and no one else, said out of his own mouth that he was done, he didn't have the passion to go thru the rigors of training camp, etc. Farve said this -no one else.
              Second and I think the most damaging- what has happened will cause MAJOR trust issues between the players and coaches. Childress himself said that "the door was closed" when Farve told them he was staying retired before training camp started.
              If you ever played the game or if you know anyone who played at the pro level, or even at the high school level, you know the hardest and toughest part is not the games - but the practices. EVERYONE at that level loves the game and 90% of them will tell you that they would play the games for free. They get paid to practice and they get paid for going to training camp, etc. Farve himself said that he "didn't have the desire to deal with the rigors of training camp, etc."
              There is an old saying in sports - "No one is bigger than the program"
              By allowing Farve to miss the bulk of camp, by the head coach saying on TV that the "door was closed," it is hard for players who busted their ass and watch a guy, regardless of who he is, walk in and start and sign the contract he did.
              Do you think the starting left tackle could pull the same shit next year - skip camp and then say "I changed my mind" and walk in and start.

Farve has earned the right to "unretire" but not the right to be "bigger than the program" and just appear when he wants.
              Just my opinion
              dave
              jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave View Post
                Farve WAS a great player once and because the quarterback situation in the NFL sucks, he is still probably in the top 15 in the league.
                I have 2 problems with what he has done - First, Farve and no one else, said out of his own mouth that he was done, he didn't have the passion to go thru the rigors of training camp, etc. Farve said this -no one else.
                Second and I think the most damaging- what has happened will cause MAJOR trust issues between the players and coaches. Childress himself said that "the door was closed" when Farve told them he was staying retired before training camp started.
                If you ever played the game or if you know anyone who played at the pro level, or even at the high school level, you know the hardest and toughest part is not the games - but the practices. EVERYONE at that level loves the game and 90% of them will tell you that they would play the games for free. They get paid to practice and they get paid for going to training camp, etc. Farve himself said that he "didn't have the desire to deal with the rigors of training camp, etc."
                There is an old saying in sports - "No one is bigger than the program"
                By allowing Farve to miss the bulk of camp, by the head coach saying on TV that the "door was closed," it is hard for players who busted their ass and watch a guy, regardless of who he is, walk in and start and sign the contract he did.
                Do you think the starting left tackle could pull the same shit next year - skip camp and then say "I changed my mind" and walk in and start.

Farve has earned the right to "unretire" but not the right to be "bigger than the program" and just appear when he wants.
                Just my opinion
                dave

I agree Dave. It does make Chidress look like an ass now and has undermined him. Ratings will be sky high when the Vikes face the Pack
                NBA is a joke

Comment

here is my take.#4 is taking a #2 on his legacy.For some reason no one and i mean no one on the green bay packers wanted him 2 years ago.That was their choice.Now no one on the Jets wants him either.Thats 2 teams that said thanks but no thanks.FARVE HAS NEVER BEEN A FAN OF TRAINING CAMP AND ALL OF THAT.HE SEEMS TO BE ONLY WORRIED ABOUT HIMSELF AND NOT THE TEAM.FARVE WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLAYERS BUT YOU KNOW WHAT HE IS NO ELWAY,MARINO,MONTANA AND THE NFL GOT ALONG JUST FINE
                  WHEN THEY RETIRED THEY WILL GET ALONG JUST FINE.AS AN NFL FAN THOUGH I SAY YES IT WILL BE COOL TO SEE HIM PLAY WELL,FAIL,OR WHATEVER JUST NEEDS TO BE ABOUT THE TEAM NOT HIM.HEAVEN FORBID THAT VIKINGS MAKE THE SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR WONDER WHAT THE MEDIA WILL TALK ABOUT SUPER BOWL WEEK
                  MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                  HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                  0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

[ATTACH]7490[/ATTACH]

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                    When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                    Jon E. Checkers

Comment

are you serious???????? He isn't looking for attention.Come on he flys in on a private jet,then took A MUCH LOOKED LIKE OJ RIDE TO THE FACILITY ALL UNDER THE RADAR

COME ON BUDDY HE IS CRYING FOR ATTENTION YOU GOTTA SEE THAT
                      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

AND to add to TFANS comment.....Whether he wants the attention or not---HE creates it every fkng year....HE creates it--My point one more time was once he retired once and came back MAYBE just MAYBE he should be sure the next time knowing all the attention he created the previous year and the previous and the previous...etc...

Comment

Working...
                        X