Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's It...as a Mets Fan, I have now seen it all....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is no good relief in mlb.
    THINK POSITIVE!!!!! BE POSITIVE!!!!!! IN LIFE
    your word is your bond

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
      trims, you're not a big fan of relief pitchers, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
        LMAO! Just started the same exact thread

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
          Yeah, when you post threads that people actually care about. Sometimes duplicates get posted. You wouldn't know that posting stories about the Year 1909, Florida Highrises, and the purpose of a dog.

http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/no...ar-1909-a.html
          http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/st...-1-tenant.html
          http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/no...-year-old.html

"CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
            Don't tell Savage that. He has gone from the dominant AL to the AAA NL so he should be even more dominant. Mediocre pitchers flourish in the NL and great NL pitchers are mediocre in the AL, according to Savvy
            Well, you have to put an asterisk next to my statement, meaning my statement has no validity if the AL pitcher goes to the Mets.
            As they do on packages of cigarettes, there ought to be a warning issued that playing for the Mets may be injurious to your pitching health as well as your physical health, as Pedro found out.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
              Well, you have to put an asterisk next to my statement, meaning my statement has no validity if the AL pitcher goes to the Mets.
              As they do on packages of cigarettes, there ought to be a warning issued that playing for the Mets may be injurious to your pitching health as well as your physical health, as Pedro found out.
              What's Barry Zito's excuse since he pitches in the NL West, what you have called the west of the worst?
              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

What's Barry Zito's excuse since he pitches in the NL West, what you have called the west of the worst?
                First of all, you are missing the point re: my post.
                I was stating that bad things seem to happy when pitchers and sometimes regular players sign with the Mets;it seems to me the team just isn't very well put together and managed considering all of the talent it has and their crappy record and collapse the last few years near the end of the season.
                I actually think this goes beyond the league-the team seems to be cursed and/or jinxed and has an incompetent GM. If Oh My Manure was a GM in the AL with good talent. and had good talent, I think the team would still suck.
                Re: Zito, anyone can point out an example or two showing something to the contrary.
                Even if my assessment is wrong and the NL West is the second worst or even the best division in the NL, it doesn't change my opinion one bit that for whatever reason(including the fact that the AL has a DH), the AL is the stronger league.
                Also, you are missing my overall point in this instance.
                With respect to my original post as to trading Beckett to SF for Lincecum and Cain before the trading deadline for this season(7/31) with the intent being for the Red Sox to win the WS for the season, I would not do the deal.
                I stated that Beckett is the backbone of the pitching staff, and I wouldn't gamble that two guys from SF could step right up there in Boston with the DH, the pressure of playing in Boston and Fenway, facaing AL hitters, who I still think overall are better than NL hitters(and yes the DH is one of the reasons) and do the job immediately to the extent that Beckett has.
                Beckett is dominant, and it wouldn't matter what division or league the players came from.
                I realize the above is a little OT, but to be fair you have to put my remarks about Lincecum and Cain, the NL West in the proper context in which I made my oriiginal remarks,, in this case the Sox.

Comment

Frenchie out today with a torn ligament in his thumb, maybe longer. Santana to miss next start and possible more due to a tender elbow.

This season cannot end soon enough! They should just shut down everyone. Who would have thought Luis Castillo would be the iron man.....
                  Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Frenchie out today with a torn ligament in his thumb, maybe longer. Santana to miss next start and possible more due to a tender elbow.

This season cannot end soon enough! They should just shut down everyone. Who would have thought Luis Castillo would be the iron man.....
                    Santana out for season. Just shut this team down. rebuild for next year.

nothing went right this year at all.

comeone, unassisted triple play to end the game?

now the triple A team isn't doing well, b/c they are all i the majors.
                    Good Luck to everyone
                    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                    Clark: What's steroids?
                    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Working...
                    X