Nominations for Ogarza's poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ogarza View Post
    Well I was just making suggestions, but YES I am serious...not sure it matters if they bat back to back...cuz it makes no sense for Torre to put Kemp in the 7th 8th or 9 hole but tell me which player you prefer Wayne

A- 50 runs 81 hits 18 hrs 55 rbis 6 sbs .273 avg

B- 57 runs 113 hits 13 hrs 55 rbis 21 sbs .314 avg

C- 61 runs 87 hits 17 hrs 57 rbis 4 sbs .291 avg

D- 65 runs 76 hits 25 hrs 64 rbis 3 sbs .267 avg
    I'll take B!
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Chipper/McCann

YES, I am serious.

Comment

Originally posted by ogarza View Post
        Well I was just making suggestions, but YES I am serious...not sure it matters if they bat back to back...cuz it makes no sense for Torre to put Kemp in the 7th 8th or 9 hole but tell me which player you prefer Wayne

A- 50 runs 81 hits 18 hrs 55 rbis 6 sbs .273 avg

B- 57 runs 113 hits 13 hrs 55 rbis 21 sbs .314 avg

C- 61 runs 87 hits 17 hrs 57 rbis 4 sbs .291 avg

D- 65 runs 76 hits 25 hrs 64 rbis 3 sbs .267 avg
        Also, 2 of these 3 guys were on the DL this year. That obviously skews some numbers (Like Hits) but they both still have more bombs than B

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          Also, 2 of these 3 guys were on the DL this year. That obviously skews some numbers (Like Hits) but they both still have more bombs than B
          How can you not take the guy with an average .25 points above the rest. 15 more SB than the rest and only 9 less RBIs than the rest.

I'm all for the complete player. I couldn't give two shits about HRs.

Comment

Why isn't this a poll yet?

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
              How can you not take the guy with an average .25 points above the rest. 15 more SB than the rest and only 9 less RBIs than the rest.

Only 9 less rbi's? Only?? He wasn't on the DL and he has less HR's and less than RBI's? I think you have your answer!

Comment

You might not care about HR's but the best 1-2 punch combos in history were power hitters and HR's put fans in the seats and they also get the biggest contracts. You might not like them but baseball does.

Comment

Only 9 less rbi's? Only?? He wasn't on the DL and he has less HR's and less than RBI's? I think you have your answer!
                  Pena was on the DL?

Comment

Pena was on the DL?
                    Berkman & Youkilis

Comment

Berkman & Youkilis
                      Berkman
                      Pena
                      Youkilis

-Pena is obviously the power man on this list, and Kemp is only 10 RBIs behind him with a much better average and more SBs. I would like to have a complete player.

Comment

Berkman
                        Pena
                        Youkilis

-Pena is obviously the power man on this list, and Kemp is only 10 RBIs behind him with a much better average and more SBs. I would like to have a complete player.
                        He is tied with 1 guy and behind the other (Berkman/Youkilis) in RBI's and he trails both in HR's. I want guys who do it with one swing of the bat. Jacoby Ellsbury steals bases. Great, i would rather he hit 40 HR's instead of getting 40 steals. Based on your criteria, you must not like Ryan Howard? I'll take him too ... in a heartbeat over Kemp!

Comment

He is tied with 1 guy and behind the other (Berkman/Youkilis) in RBI's and he trails both in HR's. I want guys who do it with one swing of the bat. Jacoby Ellsbury steals bases. Great, i would rather he hit 40 HR's instead of getting 40 steals. Based on your criteria, you must not like Ryan Howard? I'll take him too ... in a heartbeat over Kemp!
                          I don't like Howard. Is a he great player? Yeah. But I'll take hitters like Mauer over guys like Ortiz and Howard.

Question:
                          Adam Dunn or Matt Kemp?

Comment

I don't like Howard. Is a he great player? Yeah. But I'll take hitters like Mauer over guys like Ortiz and Howard.

Question:
                            Adam Dunn or Matt Kemp?
                            I would take Mauer too but then you are back on my side. Hell, Mauer missed over a month and he STILL has quite a few more HR's than Kemp. Welcome to my world.

Comment

Question:
                              Adam Dunn or Matt Kemp?
                              AL or NL? Dunn is a horrid fielder so that matters.

Comment

AL or NL? Dunn is a horrid fielder so that matters.
                                NL. Where they both play now.

Comment

Working...
                                X