Hilton contest..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilton contest..........

IF ANYONE HERE IS INTERESTED IN ENTERING THIS CONTEST I CAN BE A PROXY FOR YOU.....COST $1500, 5 PKS P/WEEK MADE BY FRI 4 OR 5PM.....PAYS T20 AND LAST YR 20th WAS $5200.....1st WAS $210,000.....MY CHARGE $300 AND 10% OF WINNINGS.....YOU WOULD HAVE TO VISIT VEGAS BETWEEN NOW AND B4 1st WEEK TO SIGN UP AT THE HILTON AND I WOULD MEET YOU THER AND THEN I CAN BE APPOINTED PROXY FOR YOU AND MAKE YOUR PIX FOR 17 WEEKS.....A NICE WAY TO BE IN A GREAT CONTEST AND NOT BE HERE....I LIVE 10 MIN FROM THE HILTON....LET ME KNOW ESP IF YOUR VISITING VEGAS IN AUG.....

BOBBYW
    "My desire to be well informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane"

Originally posted by BOBBYW63 View Post
    IF ANYONE HERE IS INTERESTED IN ENTERING THIS CONTEST I CAN BE A PROXY FOR YOU.....COST $1500, 5 PKS P/WEEK MADE BY FRI 4 OR 5PM.....PAYS T20 AND LAST YR 20th WAS $5200.....1st WAS $210,000.....MY CHARGE $300 AND 10% OF WINNINGS.....YOU WOULD HAVE TO VISIT VEGAS BETWEEN NOW AND B4 1st WEEK TO SIGN UP AT THE HILTON AND I WOULD MEET YOU THER AND THEN I CAN BE APPOINTED PROXY FOR YOU AND MAKE YOUR PIX FOR 17 WEEKS.....A NICE WAY TO BE IN A GREAT CONTEST AND NOT BE HERE....I LIVE 10 MIN FROM THE HILTON....LET ME KNOW ESP IF YOUR VISITING VEGAS IN AUG.....

BOBBYW

Are you sure about having to meet you there? All the years that I did it I didn't have to go too Vegas. The proxy person took care of everything.

Comment

I read at another site that they've changed the picks in
      day to Saturday.

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
      When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
      Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Maybe some of the rules have changed.....i'll go to the hilton this week and pick up the official rules and get back with you......
        "My desire to be well informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane"

Comment

Originally posted by jcheckers View Post
          I read at another site that they've changed the picks in
          day to Saturday.
          You mean the deadline for submitting picks went from Friday to Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
            You mean the deadline for submitting picks went from Friday to Saturday?
            From another site:

LAS VEGAS -- there's a major change in the Las Vegas Hilton SuperContest this year.
            In the past, the 5 NFL selections that each contestant is required to make have been due at 1 p.m. Friday (unless you use a Thursday night game, in which case all five plays were due by the scheduled kickoff time of the first game used), but starting this year the Hilton will have a submission deadline of 11 a.m. Saturday (with the same caveat in place for Thursday or Friday games).

SuperContestants have asked for a later deadline for years in order to have more time to decide on their plays, especially to get the later injury reports. The Hilton has been reluctant to do this partly because a big reason for hosting the contest is to have people come in to pick up the sheets with the selections and the earlier the better as far as getting them to make wagers while they're on location. In a conversation I had with Hilton director of race & sports book operations Jay Kornegay a few weeks ago, he said that while the later deadline might hurt business in some ways, he's hoping that having people come to the book on Saturday afternoons with a lot of college football action going on would be a good thing and maybe result on more handle not only in the NFL but on college games as well.

The entry fee remains $1,500 with a maximum of two entries per person.

Registrations will start being taken on July 31 and continue until 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 12 (of course, those using the opening Thursday night game will have to register before that). The early-bird deadline, which allows players to get in a bonus $10,000 mini-contest over the last three weeks of the regular season, will be 4 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 7.

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
            When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
            Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Update..........

YES PIX MUST BE IN BY SAT 11am WHICH IS HUGE AND PROBABLY MORE SIGN UPS ALSO.....

MONTE I WAS CORRECT.....THE PERSON ENTERING THE CONTEST MUST MAKE A TRIP TO THE HILTON B4 THE SEASON STARTS TO SIGN UP IN PERSON AND THEN I WOULD BE APPOINTED PROXY.....

ALSO IF YOU HIT 67% FOR THE YR HILTON GIVE YOU A $10,000 BONUS.....

IF ANYONE IS PLANNING A TRIP TO VEGAS AND IS INTERESTED IN THE CONTEST LET ME KNOW AND ANOTHER THING IF 3 OF YOU WANT TO GO PARTNES AT $500 EACH THAT STILL A HELL OF A PAYOFF.....

LATER..........

Comment

Originally posted by BOBBYW63 View Post
                YES PIX MUST BE IN BY SAT 11am WHICH IS HUGE AND PROBABLY MORE SIGN UPS ALSO.....

MONTE I WAS CORRECT.....THE PERSON ENTERING THE CONTEST MUST MAKE A TRIP TO THE HILTON B4 THE SEASON STARTS TO SIGN UP IN PERSON AND THEN I WOULD BE APPOINTED PROXY.....

ALSO IF YOU HIT 67% FOR THE YR HILTON GIVE YOU A $10,000 BONUS.....

IF ANYONE IS PLANNING A TRIP TO VEGAS AND IS INTERESTED IN THE CONTEST LET ME KNOW AND ANOTHER THING IF 3 OF YOU WANT TO GO PARTNES AT $500 EACH THAT STILL A HELL OF A PAYOFF.....

LATER..........
                I entered the contest 2 years and didn't have to go too Vegas for anything. A team of ours on hear finished in 4th place one year.

Comment

Working...
                X