Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody else think alan belcher got robbed ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody else think alan belcher got robbed ??

i thought he won the fight // so did most of the people at ringside except the judges ?? ps-on the plus he did win a 100,000 bonus but WTF ????
    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

I had Akiyama in a few parlays, no complaints here

But you're right the fight was so close, and to have one judge score it 30-27 was nuts. I could see one maybe even two judges giving it to Aki, but that was definitely not a UD type fight.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

I gave the fight squarely to Akiyama. He was taking the fight to Belchar and was the one scoring takedowns and controling the octagon. It definately wasnt a UD type fight as Mavs said. However I was good with the decision since I never really thought Belchar established himself well enough. I don't remember the fight super well but if I remember correctly Akiyama had the takedown advantage like 4-1 and neither fighter was landing a whole lot in the standup game. Usually that means that whoever establishes the easiest to see points wins and that was Akiyama.

PK
      No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
        I gave the fight squarely to Akiyama. He was taking the fight to Belchar and was the one scoring takedowns and controling the octagon. It definately wasnt a UD type fight as Mavs said. However I was good with the decision since I never really thought Belchar established himself well enough. I don't remember the fight super well but if I remember correctly Akiyama had the takedown advantage like 4-1 and neither fighter was landing a whole lot in the standup game. Usually that means that whoever establishes the easiest to see points wins and that was Akiyama.

PK
        couldn't agree with you more on this on PK, i totally agree with everything you said, not a UD fight at all, i agree there also, but i did give it akiyama for establishing not only the takedowns but the control as you said, and even when he was shutting his own eye he kept coming forward, belchar was backing up most of the fight.

30-27 was out of wack but the overall decision based on the winner was actually one of the better scored bouts in a while in MMA. IMO

P.S Chung Akiyama is so freakin huge in japan brother i can't even tell you, it's not like the ufc said we better give it akiyama, actually ufc has always scored against native japanese fighters from what i have seen and experienced but that's just MO.

Akiyama once sang a song in front of like 20,000 fans or something crazy for his intro,produced by DJ OZMA it was nuts, if i can find a clip i'll send it to you. There is not even close to 20,000 ufc fans that would gather to watch their favorite fighter sing a song.....my point is if he did lose he would just go back to japan and sign with DREAM and make more $, not to mention having his fan base. (He is also hated and booed a lot because of his "sexy" ways) (salons, manicures he does all that) it just depends what event and who he is fighting, the same people that boo him love him, japan is crazy, and i love them for it. LOL

Comment

I thought Belcher won the fight but it was very close and I dont have a problem with Akiyama getting the decision.
          2010: 23-12 +37.8
          2011: 4-0 + 20
          09-11 5*s and up: 34-7

Comment

i didn't say anything about the guy being japanese,look at my name on this site,LOL,THATS WHY THERE IS CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA,I THOUGHT BELCHER WON THE FIGHT IN A CLOSE DECISION,you guys know me,black,white,asian,makes no diff to me-I CALL THEM LIKE I SEE THEM !!
            Last edited by WayneChung; 07-14-2009, 08:55 PM.

Comment

i didn't bet on the fight guys so really WGAF !!!!

Comment

sorry chung i was just trying to give you a little background on akiyama, and my opionion on fighters that transfer from japan to the ufc.

my 1 word answer to your question is NO.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung View Post
                  i didn't bet on the fight guys so really WGAF !!!!

chung i am with you buddy.Fight was alot closer than the judges 30-27.i felt like it could have went eithe way and i had my $$$$ on akiyama.When you have your $$$$$$$$ on a guy you seem to see all of his punches more and are more confident or get a good feel on the decision because you are watching him.i did not get the feeling he won by alot
                  MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                  HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                  0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by MR Pain View Post
                    sorry chung i was just trying to give you a little background on akiyama, and my opionion on fighters that transfer from japan to the ufc.

my 1 word answer to your question is NO.
                    i love a good arguement brother better than a hog loves slop-me and you is alright buddy-LETS MAKE SOME MORE CASH !!

Comment

sherdog on tuna sashimi vs belcher !! What happened: Akiyama, the former K-1 Hero’s light heavyweight tournament champion, made a successful North American debut. In doing so, the 33-year-old judo ace hardly made use of his supreme ground fighting skills and instead fought the majority of the bout on his feet against Belcher, an accomplished striker.

While the argument can be made the American got the better of the exchanges on the feet -- he knocked down his opponent in the first round and closed his left eye completely in the third -- Akiyama clearly showed his superiority when the fight did hit the mat.

Forecast for Akiyama: The Zainichi Korean fought the type of fight preferred by UFC brass -- i.e. a stand-up battle -- and was rewarded with “Fight of the Night” honors. Consequently, he has moved into the upper half of the promotion’s middleweight division, with possible fights against Patrick Cote, Dan Miller or the loser of Nate Marquardt-Demian Maia looming on the horizon.

Forecast for Belcher: “The Talent” returns to the drawing board after a tough loss in arguably the biggest fight of his nearly three-year-long UFC run. Belcher remains a strong stand-up fighter and wields underrated jiu-jitsu skills, but he needs to work on his wrestling in order to take his game to the next level. Someone like CB Dollaway, Drew McFedries or Chael Sonnen could be next.

Comment

guys,raw tuna,a big hit in my country got the win-remember pearl harbor,remember pearl harbor-FUCKING JAPS !!

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung View Post
                          guys,raw tuna,a big hit in my country got the win-remember pearl harbor,remember pearl harbor-FUCKING JAPS !!
                          PS-JUST PLAYING GUYS-I AM PART JAP,LETS GO BIG SEXY,LETS GO BIG SEXY !!

Comment

Originally posted by waynechung View Post
                            Ps-just playing guys-i am part jap,lets go big sexy,lets go big sexy !!
                            to make this deal even more fucked up-my dad got a purple heart in ww11 fighting for the usa in belgium !!

Comment

BELCHER-guys i am upset over this fight and no money bet at all !!

Comment

Working...
                              X