Mir??? or Lesnar???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir??? or Lesnar???

Can anyone tell me why everyone is so high on Mir? I know that Mark and Pain look at fighters differently than I do but I just see a lot of tools that are severely in favor of Brock. Speed, Aggressiveness, Power. Unless Brock steps into a near perfect submission again I just cant see Mir beating him. I think Brock makes this fight stay standing. I would be very surprised if the gameplan that Mir took with Noguiera isnt very close to what Brock intends to do tomorrow. Brock owned the last fight until he basically threw his foot into Mir's face and said "please try and break this".

I'm really high on Lesnar and probably wont change my pick before I lock in tomorrow...However I guess I'd really like a little insight into why some of the other guys here are taking Mir.

PK
    No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

I don't know if I'll even play it, but if I do I can't bet against Lesnar. I think Lesnar overpowers him and KOs him early in the fight.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

I just think there is a lot of value in taking Mir. He looked jacked at weigh ins. He is very slick on the ground.Lesnar is still very raw. 1 little mistake when he is on top and Mir will take advantage.
      If Lesnar keeps it standing he has the KO power to Mir down but he hasnt been in a standup boxing match. If Mir is smart he's not just going to stand in front of him like Herring and Couture did. Those guys stood in front of him and paid for it.Mir needs to stick and move to have any chance on his feet.
      With all this said, Lesnar should win this fight. If Lesnar uses the gameplan Mir used against Minotauro, he cant lose. But in the heat of battle if ends up taking Mir down, then he has to be careful. Even in the 1st fight when Lesnar was pounding him, Mir was close to sinking in arm bar.
      Good luck with whoever you take. This fight card is going to be awesome.
      2010: 23-12 +37.8
      2011: 4-0 + 20
      09-11 5*s and up: 34-7

Comment

I think that MMA betting is different than other sports betting. I think the main reason people like Mir is because of the price. In mma i think it is literally a 50/50 chance on who will win, it only takes 1 minor mistake to end the fight. Drop your hands for a second get knocked out, be on the ground and give them your leg, a tapout. Its just that anyone can honestly win on any night. When you have a nice price on someone, u may not think they will win but its worth a shot. If the line in this fight was even i would say more people would be on Brock IMO. By the way i think Brock wins.

Comment

Working...
        X