Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedro Martinez says his agent is negotiating with Philadelphia Phillies

Pedro Martinez says his agent is negotiating with Philadelphia Phillies
    Pedro Martinez says his agent is negotiating with the Philadelphia Phillies, trying to get the pitcher back into the major leagues.

Pedro Martinez says his agent is negotiating with Philadelphia Phillies - ESPN

Really not sure if this is a good move or not. Love the part where they say this won't affect going after Halladay. Even though I'm sure that's an extreme long shot.

Hamels, Halladay, Pedro, Happ, and Blanton...damn that sounds nice! Still have Jamie Moyer too.

Comment

I would rather have Halladay as he's younger. I really think Pedro's about done.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
        I would rather have Halladay as he's younger. I really think Pedro's about done.
        Of course who wouldn't. It said in that article that getting Pedro wouldn't affect going after Halladay.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
          Of course who wouldn't. It said in that article that getting Pedro wouldn't affect going after Halladay.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
            What's up dude? Been busy racing matchbox cars.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
              What's up dude? Been busy racing matchbox cars.
              Nah, took the last 2 weekends off. Getting back on the dirt tonight

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                Pedro is toast and this is a complete waste of money. Last year he had a 5.61 ERA and a 1.57 WHIP....terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
                  Pedro is toast and this is a complete waste of money. Last year he had a 5.61 ERA and a 1.57 WHIP....terrible.
                  They are not looking for an ace just a back of the rotation type guy. Low risk high reward.

Comment

They said the 1st time he threw he was up around 91 mph. They had him throw again days later and he topped out at 88 mph. They will CRUSH Pedro if that's all he has and guess what, a DL stint already. Thankfully it's only a million bucks they are losing.

They really should go for a guy like Penny.

Comment

Working...
                    X