• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons fire Curry after One Year

Pistons fire Curry after one season on job

By NBA.com staff reports
    Posted Jun 30 2009 1:51PM

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- The Detroit Pistons have fired Michael Curry after his team went 39-43 in his first year as a head coach.

Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars said Tuesday a change was necessary.

"This was a difficult decision to make," Dumars said in a statement released by the team on Tuesday. "I want to thank Michael for his hard work and dedication to the organization. However, at this time, I have decided to make a change."

The Pistons were swept in the first round of the playoffs in four lopsided losses to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Dumars said after that series that Curry would return.

Detroit began the season with big hopes but couldn't recover from the loss of All-Star point guard Chauncey Billups in a November trade to Denver for Allen Iverson.

Dumars fired coach Flip Saunders last year after he led the team to the Eastern Conference finals in each of his three seasons.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Via NBA.com
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

thats so they can hire Billy Lambier as the head coach. I can see that coming. Thats why he wanted out of the detroit schock coaching job. they love him in the D . and him and Joe Dumars are tight.

Comment

Working...
    X