X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron fined $25K for snubbing media after loss

LeBron apologizes for behavior

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- NBA commissioner David Stern says LeBron James has been fined $25,000 for skipping the postgame news conference after Cleveland lost to Orlando in the Eastern Conference finals.

Stern said Thursday night that he spoke with the Cavaliers star on Wednesday and that James admitted he was wrong to not congratulate Orlando's players and coaches after the loss.

James had surgery Tuesday to remove a benign growth near his jaw. He told Stern to convey his apology to the media before Game 1 of the NBA finals between the Magic and Los Angeles Lakers.

Initially, Stern had said he wasn't going to fine James, but the commissioner said he reconsidered after thinking about it more.

stern saying one thing,doing another pisses me off more than james-LOL !!
    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

How old is Lebron now? I'm sure he's had 1000+ opportunities to "fuck up" and hasn't so then this becomes a BIG story...brutal.

Different sport, I know, but good thing a guy like Brandon Marshall only gets a 1-game suspension with a huge rap sheet and then gets nothing after numerous upon numerous accusations of domestic violence...and that story got about 1/10 the coverage as this one.

GREAT JOB MEDIA!

Comment

Sterns a fucking tool!
        Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NEJAKE View Post
          Sterns a fucking tool!

Hey buddy, I like Stern
          Beats the fuck outta BUD SELIG
          2019 SEASON
          NCAAF
          42-34-1 +4.30 units

NFL
          11-11 +2.60 units

Comment

Kobe telling the media to "get off his (LeBron's) back" in his interview with Magic Johnson.
            "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by peanutgallery View Post
              Hey buddy, I like Stern
              Beats the fuck outta BUD SELIG
              That's not saying much!
              Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                LeBron apologizes for behavior

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- NBA commissioner David Stern says LeBron James has been fined $25,000 for skipping the postgame news conference after Cleveland lost to Orlando in the Eastern Conference finals.

Stern said Thursday night that he spoke with the Cavaliers star on Wednesday and that James admitted he was wrong to not congratulate Orlando's players and coaches after the loss.

James had surgery Tuesday to remove a benign growth near his jaw. He told Stern to convey his apology to the media before Game 1 of the NBA finals between the Magic and Los Angeles Lakers.

Initially, Stern had said he wasn't going to fine James, but the commissioner said he reconsidered after thinking about it more.
                As much as I think Lebron James whowed poor sportsmanship and lack of judgment after game 7, I still say that Stern should stay the fu k out of it. He is more like a babysitter than a commisioner with his self-imposed dress codes, fines and suspensions for petty offenses and now this.
                It is up to the team to do something if it wishes to about James;they are the ones who pay his salary!

Comment

Fucking

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
                    As much as I think Lebron James whowed poor sportsmanship and lack of judgment after game 7, I still say that Stern should stay the fu k out of it. He is more like a babysitter than a commisioner with his self-imposed dress codes, fines and suspensions for petty offenses and now this.
                    It is up to the team to do something if it wishes to about James;they are the ones who pay his salary!
                    AGREE 100000%

Who the FVCK is he to say you HAVE to talk to the media after the game?

Comment

Pocket change

Comment

Originally posted by GreekBoy View Post
                        Pocket change
                        yep it is but big time tarnishes him...for now anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post

*sigh* First of all, fines are get pumped right back into the league so chill out. Secondly, that dress code was the BEST THING EVER DONE!!! There's something called 'Image'. Even to this day, the NBA is still dealing with a bad image dispite the fact that most of the players in the league are great people (they get so much shit but does the NFL with all its thugs? NO!!!) The dress code somewhat helps to remedy that problem. Plus there can be nothing in the world wrong with looking good in a nice suit.

Originally posted by ICD55 View Post
                          AGREE 100000%

Who the FVCK is he to say you HAVE to talk to the media after the game?

1. It's a rule. And if you break the rules there's like a penalty and stuff. It's not that hard to get!
                          2. Uhhhhh he's like: the commish, and stuff... that's who the fvck he is!

DAVID STERN DEFENDER AWAYYYYYYYYYYY
                          2019 SEASON
                          NCAAF
                          42-34-1 +4.30 units

NFL
                          11-11 +2.60 units

Comment

He deserved to be fined and Stern did the right thing.
                            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by peanutgallery View Post
                              *sigh* First of all, fines are get pumped right back into the league so chill out. Secondly, that dress code was the BEST THING EVER DONE!!! There's something called 'Image'. Even to this day, the NBA is still dealing with a bad image dispite the fact that most of the players in the league are great people (they get so much shit but does the NFL with all its thugs? NO!!!) The dress code somewhat helps to remedy that problem. Plus there can be nothing in the world wrong with looking good in a nice suit.

1. It's a rule. And if you break the rules there's like a penalty and stuff. It's not that hard to get!
                              2. Uhhhhh he's like: the commish, and stuff... that's who the fvck he is!

DAVID STERN DEFENDER AWAYYYYYYYYYYY

I totally disagree and feel he is one of the WORST commissioners ever in any sport.
                              The fact that the Donaghy scandal happened under his watch(with obviously many more we haven't heard about yet) speaks volumes about his incompetency and misplaced priorities!

Comment

Working...
                              X