Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Daniel signs with Skins

ESPN

Former Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel has signed a free-agent deal with the Washington Redskins after going undrafted this weekend despite remaining in contention for the Heisman Trophy for much of his senior season after his selection as a finalist for the award in 2007.

Daniel told The Kansas City Star that he would leave his home in Southlake, Texas, near Forth Worth on Thursday for Redskins minicamp on Thursday.

"Chris Meidt was the guy that worked me out at the combine, and he really liked me," Daniel said of the Redskins assistant coach. "I talked to [head] coach [Jim] Zorn a couple of times. I'm excited about the opportunity they presented."

The Redskins' roster includes starter Jason Campbell, veteran Todd Collins and second-year player Colt Brennan out of Hawaii.

"They have three quarterbacks, and any three can make the team," Daniel said, according to The Star. "I'm excited about what's going to happen."

I'm not sure what to make of this as a Skins fan. He definitely didn't look the same this past season overall as he did the year before but he did end on a high note in the bowl game. I think they just needed a 4th guy for camp. Zorn mentioned that before the draft. I don't love any of the QB's on this roster right now...

Comment

He's a self absorbed prick that doesn't have a future on the field unless it's heading up the practice team.

Comment

WR Quan Cosby of Texas was sitting with Bill Cosby all day yesterday waiting to get drafted. He never got a phone call. That had to suck!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          WR Quan Cosby of Texas was sitting with Bill Cosby all day yesterday waiting to get drafted. He never got a phone call. That had to suck!
          Are they related?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
            Are they related?

No, they are not. I'm still not sure why they were hanging out!

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
              He's a self absorbed prick that doesn't have a future on the field unless it's heading up the practice team.
              Yea but if he can bring his sister along here to DC...

Comment

Is the Hawaii dude still with Washington? I remember people last year thinking he was going to be great after 1 or 2 preseason games.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                  Is the Hawaii dude still with Washington? I remember people last year thinking he was going to be great after 1 or 2 preseason games.

Brennan. He's still here unfortunately. He's a joke. Another system guy. I can't stand the fans here that actually like this guy! I've actually seen kids wearing his jersey. He's a fraud with no arm that looked good against third teamers. Basically all the competition he faced until Georgia violated him. The only reason he's here is Zorn has some connection to his family...

Comment

Working...
                  X