Tony Gonzales to the Falcons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Gonzales to the Falcons

Falcons give up their second round pick in 2010. My Dirty Birds are going to be a fun team to watch this year. Tons of offense, and little defense. Overall I think this is a good move. TGonz is getting up there at 33 years old, but the guy had 96 catches and over 1000 yards last year.

Hell of a move

Comment

Go Falcons go.

Matt Ryan

Comment

terrible move by the chiefs,they shold not have done a deal that did not include a draft pick for this year,we need it now not in 2010,poor choice on my behalf by the chiefs,another blunder by the organization
        I AM A NITWIT

Comment

Originally posted by seaofred View Post
          terrible move by the chiefs,they shold not have done a deal that did not include a draft pick for this year,we need it now not in 2010,poor choice on my behalf by the chiefs,another blunder by the organization
          Another blunder???

People up here are STILL stunned that the Chiefs only gave a 2nd round pick for Matt Cassel AND a LB we all loved. You guys RAPED us on that one so imo, you still are a much better team than you were last year.

Comment

WHAT A MOVE BY THE FALCONS. BOY WHAT A DIFFERENCE A GM MAKES.DIMITROFF{SPELLING?} HAS TURNED THIS FRANCHISE AROUND WITH MOVES LIKE THIS
            MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
            0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
              WHAT A MOVE BY THE FALCONS. BOY WHAT A DIFFERENCE A GM MAKES.DIMITROFF{SPELLING?} HAS TURNED THIS FRANCHISE AROUND WITH MOVES LIKE THIS
              Yeah, it is truly amazing what a couple great hires (Mike Smith and Dimitroff) can do in such a short period of time. I mean, the Falcons situation coming off Petrino and Vick was about as low as any franchise in the NFL could get, and less than two years later they are one of the better teams in the NFL. Of course, now they have to go out and prove it, but very exciting time to be a Falcons' fan.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                Another blunder???

People up here are STILL stunned that the Chiefs only gave a 2nd round pick for Matt Cassel AND a LB we all loved. You guys RAPED us on that one so imo, you still are a much better team than you were last year.

"RAPED"?!?! Yeah, Belichick gets raped on a regular basis right? I mean, the guy doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

As far as this deal, Gonzo is old. Ditch him. This draft class may be pedestrian, but 2010 will be a pretty good draft class with Rainey, McCoy, Briscoe, etc. Think of how Gonzo is going to be in 2010. Eessshhhhh! Yikes! He'll be farting dust by then...
                2019 SEASON
                NCAAF
                42-34-1 +4.30 units

NFL
                11-11 +2.60 units

Comment

Originally posted by peanutgallery View Post
                  "RAPED"?!?! Yeah, Belichick gets raped on a regular basis right? I mean, the guy doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

I love Bill and trust him 100%. That doesn't mean he isn't capable of making a bad deal. If WR Roy Williams gets a 1 & 3, you have to get more than a 2 for Cassel and Vrabel. Cassel could have easily been a Pro Bowl QB last year and QB's are sacred in this league. Add a leader on defense at a key position for a year or two and that was an ass raping by the Chiefs. A 2nd round pick means nothing 9 out of 10 times. I'm pretty sure Cassel & Vrabel can play. Good for the Chiefs but if you don't think that was a one sided deal, you don't follow football.

Comment

I love Bill and trust him 100%. That doesn't mean he isn't capable of making a bad deal. If WR Roy Williams gets a 1 & 3, you have to get more than a 2 for Cassel and Vrabel. Cassel could have easily been a Pro Bowl QB last year and QB's are sacred in this league. Add a leader on defense at a key position for a year or two and that was an ass raping by the Chiefs. A 2nd round pick means nothing 9 out of 10 times. I'm pretty sure Cassel & Vrabel can play. Good for the Chiefs but if you don't think that was a one sided deal, you don't follow football.

Apparently I don't follow football. But you are a fool if you are using that Roy Williams trade as the benchmark of all trades. Not everyone is as brilliant as Jerry Jones. Besides, Roy Williams, on a crappier team, for a longer period of time, put up very consistent (and some would even say good) numbers.

I also consider the fact that the AFC East is a very competitive division. The addition of Parcels made it so that the margin of error for the Patroits was that much smaller. Having said that, they couldn't tie all that money up in two quarterbacks seeing as how only one can be on the field at a time and that there's a salary cap (I guess you can say I know that much about football). Belichick is going to put that money to way better use.

I think there is something here that humble fans like me are not seeing. That is that Scott and Bill know the real deal with Cassel. He's not as good as advertised. I will agree with you though that Cassel should have made the Pro Bowl last year. Favre going was a joke!

Look - bottomline: saying the Pats got RAPED is a bit spurious!!!
                    Last edited by peanutgallery; 04-23-2009, 04:11 PM.
                    2019 SEASON
                    NCAAF
                    42-34-1 +4.30 units

NFL
                    11-11 +2.60 units

Comment

Another blunder???

Cassel only worth a 2nd round pick?

and cutler worth 2 first rounders

bears = saps

Comment

looks like a good move by the falcons
                        Questions, comments, complaints:
                        [email protected]

Comment

Apparently I don't follow football. But you are a fool if you are using that Roy Williams trade as the benchmark of all trades. Not everyone is as brilliant as Jerry Jones. Besides, Roy Williams, on a crappier team, for a longer period of time, put up very consistent (and some would even say good) numbers.

I also consider the fact that the AFC East is a very competitive division. The addition of Parcels made it so that the margin of error for the Patroits was that much smaller. Having said that, they couldn't tie all that money up in two quarterbacks seeing as how only one can be on the field at a time and that there's a salary cap (I guess you can say I know that much about football). Belichick is going to put that money to way better use.

I think there is something here that humble fans like me are not seeing. That is that Scott and Bill know the real deal with Cassel. He's not as good as advertised. I will agree with you though that Cassel should have made the Pro Bowl last year. Favre going was a joke!

Look - bottomline: saying the Pats got RAPED is a bit spurious!!!
                          No, saying they got raped is EXACTLY how i and MANY others up here feel. Look at Cassel's numbers last year my friend and tell me how valuable they are. You can call it the system or what ever you want but he did it for a full 16 weeks AND that is after not even knowing he was going to be the starter until 10 minutes into the season. That in itself is a miracle that he could just step in and do what he did. He is a top 10 QB in this league right now and if you look at all the others, can you really name 10 you would rather have over Cassel? I can't.

It also isn't just being compared to the Roy Williams trade. They talked on the radio about SEVERAL trades in the NFL in the last 3-5 years and many teams gave up a ton more for players that were less qualified or at a weaker position. Look at Braylon Edwards. Cleveland wants Kiwanuka and a #1 from the Giants for a guy who takes plays off and leads the league in drops? You think Braylon at WR is a more important player on a team than a QB? You are crazy if you do.
                          Last edited by wayne1218; 04-23-2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

As far as this deal, Gonzo is old. Ditch him. This draft class may be pedestrian, but 2010 will be a pretty good draft class with Rainey, McCoy, Briscoe, etc. Think of how Gonzo is going to be in 2010. Eessshhhhh! Yikes! He'll be farting dust by then...
                            Speaking of foolish statements....96 catches, 1050 yards, and 10 TDs last year for the old fart. I'll take that old any day of the week. Statistically he was BY FAR the best TE in football last year, and that was on a team with an average QB and opposing defenses keying on him. Atlanta has way more offensive weapons, meaning defenses can't key on him. Statistically, his numbers will likely go down b/c the Falcons have too many other weapons, but his addition will make that offense impossible to stop.

I

Comment

No, saying they got raped is EXACTLY how i and MANY others up here feel. Look at Cassel's numbers last year my friend and tell me how valuable they are. You can call it the system or what ever you want but he did it for a full 16 weeks AND that is after not even knowing he was going to be the starter until 10 minutes into the season. That in itself is a miracle that he could just step in and do what he did. He is a top 10 QB in this league right now and if you look at all the others, can you really name 10 you would rather have over Cassel? I can't.

It also isn't just being compared to the Roy Williams trade. They talked about SEVERAL trades in the NFL in the last 3-5 years and many teams gave up a ton more for players that were less qualified or at a weaker position. Look at Braylon Edwards. Cleveland wants Kiwanuka and a #1 from the Giants for a guy who takes plays off and leads the league in drops? You think Braylon at WR is a more important player on a team than a QB? You are crazy if you do.

I followed matt cassel all year and he made the biggest improvement from game 2 to game 16 than any other pro last year. Not only does have a strong throwing arm, he is an excellent athlete and ran the ball quite well also.

easily shouldve got a first round pick especially after the cutler trade. The bears overpaid and I guess timing had something to do with it. (cutler trade was afterwards)
                              Last edited by musclemann; 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X