• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Cutler Traded to the Chicago Bears

Breaking News!!!

Cutler going to Bears

By John Clayton
    ESPN.com

The Chicago Bears pulled the big upset Thursday afternoon by acquiring Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, a source told ESPN.com.

The Broncos confirmed the move.

To acquire Cutler, the Bears had to give up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 and 2010, a source said.

To complete the trade, the Broncos had to give back a third-round pick in 2009.

The Broncos had been asking for at least two first-round choices.

Cutler asked to be traded when he found out first-year coach Josh McDaniels tried to acquire Matt Cassel in a trade with the Patriots.

Cutler had not returned phone calls from the Broncos, according to the team, and had been staying away from the offseason program.
    Last edited by wayne1218; 04-02-2009, 05:48 PM.

Wow, i thought for sure it was either the Jets, Redskins or TB.

Finally ....... Chicago gets a QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fans are going to go nuts up there and if their defense is any good, who knows!

Comment

Fuck the Bears

Comment

Now, if someone could just Get ROOK and SPARK off of Cloud 9, we could ask their opinion....ha ha...

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Yea wAS just in my car and had the SCORE on {chicago sports radio} and had breaking news. As a bears fan thrilled about the move but worried they gave up a ton

Comment

Now if he can mature mentally, DaBears might be able to do something

Comment

I all of a sudden love my keeper football league having Forte as a 6th round pik last year.

Comment

Good for the Bears finally getting a solid QB...now they just need to stock the lockerroom with sanitary wipes!!
                Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                  Fuck the Bears
                  how could you be a cub fan and not a bear fan....youre a strange bird........

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann View Post
                    how could you be a cub fan and not a bear fan....youre a strange bird........

Bills fan here baby!!!

Comment

To acquire Cutler, the Bears had to give up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 and 2010, a source said.

To complete the trade, the Broncos had to give back a third-round pick in 2009.

Comment

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        jordanrules..................

Comment

Two 1st round picks and Kyle Orton? Wow, they gave up quite a bit.

Comment

As a bear fan speaking thats great we got Cutler, but............................................... .......who the hell is he gonna throw the ball to? And hopefully since they gave up so much they sign him to a longterm deal.
                            Last edited by FB Coach13; 04-02-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FB Coach13 View Post
                              As a bear fan speaking thats great we got Cutler, but............................................... .......who the hell is he gonna throw the ball to?
                              I bet they draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round now!

Comment

Working...
                              X