Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sabathia, Burnett, Wang, Chamberlain & Pettitte?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabathia, Burnett, Wang, Chamberlain & Pettitte?

Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a pretty good starting 5 eh?

Unfortunately they dont play the games on paper
    He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Fatbathia blow, Burnett is a .500 pitcher, Wang has never won, Chamberlain has done nothing as a starter accept get hurt and Pettie take Geritol. So what!

Signed,
      Savage
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

They spent a lot of money and going into a new stadium. It better be good. They should put Chamberlin back in the bullpen and pitch Hughes or Kennedy.

Comment

Sabathia Very good, but can he maintan a decent weight.

Burnett Guy is always getting hurt

Wang Another hurt pitcher who was on fire at one time

Chamberlain Questionable

Pettitte I've always thought he was overrated

Ace out of that group will either be Sabathia or Wang

Comment

I still think if healthy (and that's a big IF), Boston starting 5 can compete with New York.

Beckett
            Dice-K
            Lester
            Smoltz
            Penny

?????

Comment

I would rather have boston's 5. When the games count Beckett lester and smoltz are studs.
              NCAA FB

NFL

NCAABB

Comment

Paper champs...I'd def take beantowns 5
                Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Originally posted by BennyTheBettor View Post
                  I would rather have boston's 5. When the games count Beckett lester and smoltz are studs.
                  Even Dice-K was (18-3) last year and he is (3-1) in the postseason.

Comment

Winning that division could be harder than winning the WS.
                    NCAA FB

NFL

NCAABB

Comment

Great statement!

Comment

I don't know that I'd pencil Smoltz into the rotation just yet. I think it is a great signing for the Red Sox who have the money to risk, but it could be May or June before he pitches. Even then there is no guarantee. His rehab is reportedly going well, but he had a major shoulder surgery, and at 41 years old, no guarantee he comes back effectively or at all.

That said, I'd still take Sox. Sabathia has been shaky in cold weather, and has a ton of wear on his arm. Burnett is a roller coaster guy with injuries. Pettite is now an at best average pitcher, Chamberlain hasn't proven anything as a starter.

Comment

Over the course of the season all 5 will end up on the DL for a while.
                          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

IF healthy, it may be the best rotation in baseball... but, the way how things are as i can predict them... Burnetts arm is going to fall off.. Sabathia's previous innings will catch up to him. Pettite will have a 4.50 era. Joba will be the ace of the staff if he remains healthy.. Wang will have a good season as well as long as he doesnt run the bases

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
                              Fatbathia blow, Burnett is a .500 pitcher, Wang has never won, Chamberlain has done nothing as a starter accept get hurt and Pettie take Geritol. So what!

Signed,
                              Savage
                              Good assessment;actually and most importantly I would add that there is no reason to believe that the tried and failed methods Yankees have used since 2000 to try to BUY a WS will work any better this year.
                              Sometime too many players with swollen heads and big egos aren't a good thing;perhaps what Joe Torre has said about ARod in his new book is indicative of why Yankees haven't got it done; since he and for that matter a slew of other high priced egotistical fat cat free agents and players obtained in trades have come into the Bronx, the Yankees have fallen short;this year will be no different especially with a Grade B manager at the helm trying to get these motley crew to perform as a team.

Comment

Working...
                              X