Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Guess on what next weekend's lines will be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
    People would have asked the same question about the Dolphins last year, and it actually happened. So what's so hilarious about the Lions doing this next year? The key to the NFL is its parody, "any team, any year." And the Dolphins proved that, with the right off-season moves any team can turn it around.

Any team or any year is right for every team except Detroit. Look at history and see it repeat itself year after year with them. Anybody else, maybe. Detroit = Never happen because they will figure out a way to fuck it up if they get close!

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
      I'll be all over the Ravens next week
      SAME HERE!

Great thread wayne, I was going to start one myself, here's my initial leans for anyone who ....

Baltimore @ Miami - If i'm vegas I set the spread at Bal -2 o/37
      And if i'm the public (which I think I am), I would be all over baltimore and the under. Each team has similar styles of play, defense, defense ball control on offense, and special teams. Look for a field position battle with each team settling for field goals.

IMO Baltimore wins this ball game 20-10

Playoff experience, defense, and running game will be the key and each aspect favors the Ravens.

Colts @ Chargers (pending broncos comeback) - If i'm vegas I set the spread at a pick em o/ 44

This should be a great game, I believe that the winner of this game will end up representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.
      I think Peyton Manning has the weapons needed around him , and if healthy the defense may be good enough to get past SD.
      BUT Chargers have had the Colts number as of late and it will be interesting to see which defense is more successful slowing down the other teams offense.

IMO Colts win 31-23

Peyton Manning may be on a mission in these playoffs after witnessing the unimaginable, 'lil bro' and the Giants beating the previously unbeaten Patriots in last years Super Bowl. The game will come down to pass defense and who has a bigger impact for their team LT or Peyton?

Eagles @ Vikings If i'm Vegas I set the line at Vikings -1 o/40

Another good game, over / under could go either way. I can see each team getting in the end zone and controlling their running game, and I can see each team struggling on offense against a talented and fast defense playing on carpet.

It will be very interesting to see which quarterback has a better game, Donovan no ties Mcnabb on the road or the inexperienced Tavaris Jackson at home. Each team blew their load in week 17 (eagles 44-6 over rival cowboys and vikings 50 yard game winning field as clock expires of defending champs Giant) So I don't think momentum will matter, this is the playoffs the records are thrown out the window and what did you last week was LAST WEEK!

The Key will be the success of Brian Westbrook / Correll Buckhalter and Adrian Peterson / Chester Taylor

IMO Vikings win this game 23-20

I think Adrian Peterson flourishes in his first career playoff game and Vikings defense does the job against Donovan Mcnabb and the Eagles. I see Mcnabb struggling in a verry loud environment against a hungry defense.

The X factor for Minnesota will be Tavaris Jackson, he HAS to be able to protect the ball and effectively run the offense against plenty of Eagles blitz packages.
      I would love to see Jackson use his legs more to keep the linebackers honest, if Adrian AD (ALL DAY!) Peterson gets off to a good start, LOOK OUT!

FALCONS @ CARDINALS If i'm Vegas I set the line at Cardinals -3 o/47

And if I'm the public (which I think I am) I'm ALLL OVERRR the FALCONS FLYING OVER

From a handicapping perspective this is my favorite game of the weekend. I love the each team's ability to move the ball on offense, I think the Falcons defense and running game will be the difference in this game.

Atlanta has impresive wins on the road this year @ Packers @ Chargers and @ Vikings...As well as beating the Bucs and Panthers at home.

Cardinals on the other hand have struggled mightily against quality opponents:
      Week 16 Loss @ Patriots 7-47
      Week 15 Loss HOME Vikings 14-35
      Week 13 Loss @ Eagles 20-48
      Week 12 Loss HOME Giants 37-29
      Week 8 Loss @ Panthers 23-27
      Week 4 Loss HOME Jets 56-35
      Week 3 Loss @ Wash 17-24

Here is a list of teams the Cardinals DEFEATED this year in order of most recent:

Rams - Seahawks - 49ers - Rams - Cowboys - Bills - Dolphins - 49ers

IMO Falcons 28 - Cardinals 24

Back and forth ball game, look for Matt Ryan to take shots downfield to try and keep the cardinals linebackers & secondary honest.
      Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood may combine for 250 total yards. I think Norwood will have a big big game alongside of Michael Turner
      On the other hand Kurt Warner will be ready to continue another successful season into the playoffs, as long as he has time to throw against the Falcons pass rush, Warner should throw for 250-350 yards and 2-4 touchdowns.

Comment

A much shorter version of my potential card:

RAVENS @ DOLPHINS --- my guess RAVENS -2 o/37 ---- my play RAVENS & UNDER

EAGLES @ VIKINGS ---- my guess VIKINGS -1 o/40 -----my play VIKINGS & OVER

COLTS @ CHARGERS --- my guess PICK EM O/44 ---- my play COLTS & OVER

FALCONS @ CARDINALS ---- my guess CARDS -3 O/47 --- my play FALCONS & OVER (GOW)

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
          Ariz- 6
          o/u 48
          Minn- 2
          o/u 45
          Balt- 4
          o/u 41

Will have to see on Indy
          HOLY SHIT I was way off on the Falcons.Them bastards opened up at -3 and I had them 6 point under dogs

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
            HOLY SHIT I was way off on the Falcons.Them bastards opened up at -3 and I had them 6 point under dogs

This one is really a tough call, and I feel this game wont be all that close. One or the other team will dominate IMO. Just have a feeling the game will get out of hand early. I like Atlanta, they have played better competition and Arizona beat up on a weak division. Arizonas defense sucks, defense wins championships.
            NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
              This one is really a tough call, and I feel this game wont be all that close. One or the other team will dominate IMO. Just have a feeling the game will get out of hand early. I like Atlanta, they have played better competition and Arizona beat up on a weak division. Arizonas defense sucks, defense wins championships.
              The Falcons do have just as many weapons and ATL has a better D.I just thought with Ryan(rookie on the road) vs Warner(super bowl winner at home) would have been enough to had arizona the favs.Shows what I know.

Comment

Working...
              X