Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pennington released by jets

Pennington released by Jets
    Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - The New York Jets have released quarterback Chad Pennington on Thursday in the wake of the team signing future Hall of Fame signal-caller Brett Favre late Wednesday night.

"I appreciate everything Chad Pennington has given to the Jets organization," Jets chairman and CEO Woody Johnson said. "He was a part of my first draft as an owner in 2000 and has exemplified nothing but class both on and off the field. I wish him my very best."

The 6-foot-3, 225-pound Pennington finished his eight-year Jets career with a regular-season record as a starter of 32-29. He ranks first all-time in NFL history in completion percentage at 65.6 percent (1,259-of-1,919).

Pennington, the 18th overall selection in the 2000 NFL Draft out of Marshall University, ranks first in franchise history in all-time passer rating at 88.9. He is fourth in passing yards with 13,738, touchdowns (82), attempts and completions. Pennington also led the Jets to the postseason three times in 2002, 2004 and 2006, winning two playoff games in that span.

"I have all the respect in the world for Chad as a person and a player," said Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum. "We have accomplished a lot of great things with Chad, including winning playoff games, which is very hard to do. He gave his heart and soul to this organization for a long, long time. I really appreciate everything he has done."

08/07 16:28:32 ET

Watch N.E. sign him ... just to fuck with the Jets. Bring their playbook Chad! lmao

Comment

He has a fairly big contract.

Any team that signs him will screw up their salary cap.

I doubt he'll go anywhere where he is projected to be a backup.

Where could he start?

My prediction:

Vikings Sign Chad Pennington

This could STILL backfire on Green Bay

Comment

Miami has contacted Chad's agent.

Comment

I have always liked Chad, he's a little mouthy. He can't throw the long ball anymore and suseptable to injury.
          Good Luck to everyone
          Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
          Clark: What's steroids?
          Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
          Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

He is a great person, I took my boys to training camp about 4 or 5 years ago. Chad and at the time Jet Santana Moss talked with them for 15-20 minutes. Chad threw a slant pass to one of my boys and Moss raced my other son in a 40 yard dash (my son was 10 at the time) and let him just beat him.

He was a really nice guy, while others like Testicleverde just bee lined past and went inside.

I really think it is a shame the injuries he went through, because he seemed to be a very intelligent QB, but from the physical side he just struggles.

I think the "Favre Experiment" will be fun for two years, people will get excited and with some of the other moves will help the team to maybe get back to the 8 to 10 win team there were 2 years back, but probably nothing more.
            2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Working...
            X