Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by savage1
    Jason Bay isn't doing too badly either!
    And it is more impressive that Bay is doing so well. After all, he is adjusting to playing in a much harder league (see inter-league stats) and in a league most certain to win the world series!!!
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

• Would Cubs and Brewers fans who want Manny to do well now and are saying what a great hitter he is, change their tune if their teams had to go up against him in the playoffs?

Comment

• And Manny takes a step down to inferior National League pitching. He is now facing the likes of batting practice pitchers. I am sure most American League batting practice pitchers could be at least a #4 or #5 starter on most NL teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilJr
          He must feel like playing. Since joining the Dodgers, 13-23 with 4 HRS and 9 RBI's. And is his words, he "is just learning the league". GO MANNY
          Another indication the AL is the superior league over the NL

Signed,

Savage

Comment

Would Cubs and Brewers fans who want Manny to do well now and are saying what a great hitter he is, change their tune if their teams had to go up against him in the playoffs?
            Cubs, Brewers, doesn't matter. Whatever NL team shows up in the World Series will just be going thru the motions

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilJr
              And it is more impressive that Bay is doing so well. After all, he is adjusting to playing in a much harder league (see inter-league stats) and in a league most certain to win the world series!!!
              I explained this in another post about motivation, better hitters surrounding him ,etc.
              The AL is the better league and has been for a while by any measureable criterion and any baseball fan who looks at things objectively.
              That being said, I give plenty of credit to Bay to doing so well so far in Boston, where fans and the press really do give a shit unlike Pittsburgh, where a 500 season would be something to shout from the rooftops!
              Last edited by savage1; 08-08-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• OMG Phil you're killing me

Comment

I explained this in another post about motivation, better hitters surrounding him ,etc.
                  The AL is the better league and has been for a while by any measureable criterion and any baseball fan who looks at things objectively.
                  That being said, I give plenty of credit to Bay to doing so well so far in Boston, where fans and the press really do give a shit unlike Pittsburgh, where a 500 season would be something to shout from the rooftops!
                  AMEN SAVAGE You are preaching to the choir here. I can see the light!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by frankb03
                    Another indication the AL is the superior league over the NL

Signed,

Savage

I will say this-the NL must have superior sand in their infield at least in comparison to Fenway's which must be quicksand.
                    How else do you explain the fact that Manny took almost 6 seconds to run from homeplate to first a little over a week ago on a potential hit which would have broken up Lackey's no hitter as opposed to the other night at LA in his first game when he was running like a bat out of hell to beat out an infield hit?
                    Last edited by savage1; 08-08-2008, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X