Manny to Dodgers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DDP713
    Are the Pirates working for the Yankees ? Seriously how does a team trade Nady & Marte for a package of prospects that dont rate very high. THEN they give up Bay for a kings ransom of top prospects.
    No Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      I do not think they put that much pressure on Bay and bat him 4th. Let him get his feet wet in Boston before you do that to the kid!
      I see the point, I just don't see Lowell as a #4. But your point is valid...just jogging out to left field every night will be enough pressure!
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
        I see the point, I just don't see Lowell as a #4. But your point is valid...just jogging out to left field every night will be enough pressure!

Jason Bay will feel culture shock playing on this team coming from Pittsburgh. Putting him 4th ... if he struggles ... will not be good. Drop him down and let him get comfortable in his surroundings. One stint at cleanup where he struggles and the fans boo him ... will not be good.

Comment

The Pirates made a good trade here for sure. The RedSox shouldn't haven given up any prospects in this trade. The Cancer Manny for Bay isn't a bad trade. Upgrade on defense, downgrade on offense. Next year, the RedSox need to use the 13 million towards another superstar.

Comment

Jason Bay will feel culture shock playing on this team coming from Pittsburgh. Putting him 4th ... if he struggles ... will not be good. Drop him down and let him get comfortable in his surroundings. One stint at cleanup where he struggles and the fans boo him ... will not be good.

i agree wayne bat him 6th. Ik the red sox gave up to much for jason bay but i still think thats a pretty solid line up with him in there. ik numbers dont tell the whole story but mannys hittin 299 20 hrs 68 rbis Bay 282 22 hrs 64 rbis. I dont see much of a drop off there and i think the red sox still have a shot at winnin the east with that line up imo
            twitter: @JumpouttheJim

Comment

I guess they could've kept Manny, watch him sit out games with fake injuries, walk out ground balls, and misplay balls in the outfield.

Comment

It's weird that the Red Sox had to give up prospects. It's almost like someone called their bluff and they were basically forced to give Manny away. They were definitely not negotiating from a position of power on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                  The Pirates made a good trade here for sure. The RedSox shouldn't haven given up any prospects in this trade. The Cancer Manny for Bay isn't a bad trade. Upgrade on defense, downgrade on offense. Next year, the RedSox need to use the 13 million towards another superstar.

Don't get me wrong, i really like Bay and i'm glad they got something for Manny instead of just refusing his option and letting him walk away. Bay isn't and never will be the threat Manny was though. Saying he will is saying he will do what a 1st ballot Hall of Famer did and i just don't see it.

Next year, they take the Ramirez contract off the books, along with the 8 million from Schilling. That is 28 Million gone, minus the 7.5 from Bay, leaving them 20.5 million to spend on a bat (SS,C), or another top line starter. I'll be curious to see what they spend the money on because they will spend it. I'm feeling good about next year, not so much this one though! lol

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410
                    It's weird that the Red Sox had to give up prospects. It's almost like someone called their bluff and they were basically forced to give Manny away. They were definitely not negotiating from a position of power on this one.

It was a very late deal and i agree. They were holding a gun to Boston's head and Boston felt that they had to get rid of Manny. It forced them to do something they didn't want to. I guess they were REALLY sick of Manny!

Comment

On the surface it looks like too much, but I rememeber how wrong I was when they departed with Nomar for what I perceived as too little-I have confidence in Theo and company and feel they know who is expendable and who is not.

Comment

I'm even fine with the players but to add an additional 7 million is absolutely ABSURD!!!!!!!
                        7 million doesn't mean much for Sox considering that they pay crappy Lugo even more than that.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, i really like Bay and i'm glad they got something for Manny instead of just refusing his option and letting him walk away. Bay isn't and never will be the threat Manny was though. Saying he will is saying he will do what a 1st ballot Hall of Famer did and i just don't see it.

Next year, they take the Ramirez contract off the books, along with the 8 million from Schilling. That is 28 Million gone, minus the 7.5 from Bay, leaving them 20.5 million to spend on a bat (SS,C), or another top line starter. I'll be curious to see what they spend the money on because they will spend it. I'm feeling good about next year, not so much this one though! lol
                          Bay is 29 though, and Manny is 36, their past has nothing to do with today. As of today Bay has comparable numbers. Tough to play in Boston however, they may come into play. Yes they may not be as good this year, that is if for some reason you think Manny wasn't a distraction.

Comment

It was a very late deal and i agree. They were holding a gun to Boston's head and Boston felt that they had to get rid of Manny. It forced them to do something they didn't want to. I guess they were REALLY sick of Manny!
                            Boston was determined to get rid of Manny...but how the FUCK do they not get Grabow from pittsburgh in the deal ???? that may be the craziest aspect of this deal to me

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                              Bay is 29 though, and Manny is 36, their past has nothing to do with today. As of today Bay has comparable numbers. Tough to play in Boston however, they may come into play. Yes they may not be as good this year, that is if for some reason you think Manny wasn't a distraction.

Manny has been a distraction for 7.5 years. Remember when he was put on waivers and nobody claimed him? This is nothing new but it was worse than i have seen before!

Comment

I predict Manny won't do well with the Dodgers for the remainder of this year and will have trouble adjusting to the team, the new city and fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X