X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canseco fight

what channel is this on? dish network? ppv
    No one called anyone a JT

Vai Sikahema ... Gets the 1st round knockout of Jose Canseco. Vai had him on the ropes, dazed and down!

Shorter and skinnier didn't matter here. Poor Jose .......

Comment

thats the best news i have heard all night
      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

ATLANTIC CITY -- Jose Canseco was knocked out by former Philadelphia Eagles return man Vai Sikahema in their celebrity boxing match Saturday.

Canseco's size advantage -- he is 6-foot-4, 245 pounds to Sikahema's 5-9, 205 -- was not a factor in the bout, which was over in the first round.

"When you step inside the square circle," Sikahema said, according to the Press of Atlantic City, "don't ever think that your size is going to matter because in Philadelphia, we will chop you down."

Sikahema was asked if there were any surprises.

"That it didn't finish in the first 30 seconds," he said.

Sikahema, who is also a sportscaster, has some experience in the ring. He has had more than 80 fights as an amateur boxer, according to the Press. Canseco said he had a background in martial arts.

Sikahema knocked Canseco down twice -- once with a left hook, and the second after a flurry of punches -- as the bout was called before the end of the first round.

Sikahema donated $5,000 of his winnings to the family of a slain Philadelphia police officer, who was shot and killed in May.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
          Sikahema donated $5,000 of his winnings to the family of a slain Philadelphia police officer, who was shot and killed in May.
          I saw the highlights on 5 differnet TV stations and the most significant part of the fight was never mentioned...kudos to Vai!!!
          Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

In a related story, Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds donated $5,000 apiece to Vai for kicking this assholes ass!!
            NBA is a joke

Comment

Vai is a classic guy.

I will update this thread later as he will most likely be talking about it tonight on Sports Final (NBC 11:30PM w/ Howard Eskin).
              Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

MMA Fighters payout

How do these guys survive?

UFC 88 payouts

Chuck Liddell - $500,000

Dan Henderson - $250,000

Rashad Evans - $180,000 (Includes $60,000 KO of the Night Bonus and $60,000 win bonus)

Jason MacDonald - $104,000 (Includes $60,000 Submission of the Night Bonus)

Rich Franklin - $100,000

Kurt Pellegrino - $84,000 (Includes $60,000 Fight of the Night Bonus)

Thiago Tavares - $73,000 (Includes $60,000 Fight of the Night Bonus)

Nate Marquardt -$56,000

Dong Hyun Kim - $46,000

Ryo Chonan - $30,000

Jason Lambert - $17,000

Tim Boetsch - $16,000

Martin Kampmann - $15,000

Matt Hamill - $10,000

Roan Carneiro - $9,000

Matt Brown - $8,000

Rousimar Palhares - $7,000

Mike Patt - $5,000

Comment

Put your life on the line for $5000. Only takes 1 punch and you are done forever.

Comment

Most of these guys don't have the option of being a lawyer I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by Gookis
                      Most of these guys don't have the option of being a lawyer I assume.
                      A lawyer? Just at Starbuck, they can make more in a year.

Comment

thai, its like in any sport, your not gunna start out having a great salary. like in minor league baseballl... they get paid like shit- i have buddies that play minor leagues and I played semi pro ball for a while and the pay sucked. But if you can suck it up and make something of yourself and get to triple a and then the majors, you're golden, im sure these guys want to be the best of the best ya know. everyones gotta start somewhere.
                        Proud Member on Bettorschat.com since March 10, 2006

Overall since 9/1/09- 39-30-1 +1.14 units ($114.40)
                        1 unit=$100.00

Updated through Nov 18th 2009 @ 1:09AM est

Comment

You also have to remember they all get sponsorship money. Money for appearances....stuff like that.

Comment

Still, very low and not many will make it.

Comment

How does the boxing guys get may so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X