calling all fight/UFC fans.......thoughts please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling all fight/UFC fans.......thoughts please

hey boys hope TTT is reading this I appreciate your opinion boss. OK boys so do we think that the Iceman wins against jardine, or does anyone think jardine has a good shot.

I say chuck avenges the rampage loss and takes care of jardine..

Am I the inly one that likes Diego Sanchez? I know john fitch is an animal but so is sanchez when he wants to be.

and I do think mauricio rua wins his debut with griffin

any and all thoughts welcomed.........P.S I had a not so good day on the gridiron, thinking of getting it back by taking liddell, I know it is a big risk but what the hey, it's the iceman... I don't have to get it in until 11:30 any info is appreciated.

I like LIdell but he is pricey....I took Diego at -105...In my mind this fight is a tossup and worth the price....I think Deigo needs this fight to get back in the mix after what happened with Josh K.

Comment

As stated in another post, jardine does not stand a chance. The Iceman is the posterboy for the UFC and I believe this is fight was put together so that Chuck could get a dominating victory on PPV. Jardine also got worked by Houston Alexander in his last outing. Chuck wins by knockout in the first.

IMO Forrest is the most overrated fighter in the UFC. I am not sure what everyone loves about him but I have never been a fan. He looked very weak in his last bout against Hector Ramirez. Ramirez was never threatened in that fight. the fight before, he got dominated by Jardine. I see Rua finishing this fight in the second round. Forrest does not have the weapons to every threaten Rua. Rua has been a dominant fighter over the years and will win by referee stoppage. With that said, the Pride fighters who have made the transition to UFC have been hit and miss. Rampage is obviously dominant but Cro Cop has been a hugh disappointment.

The Fitch/Sanchez match should be a close match. If I had to pick I would take Sanchez. I think he has beat much stiffer competition and suffered tough decision loss to Koscheck. The scary thing about this match is that Sanchez has the propensity to let most of his matches go to the judges and that is always scary.

Comment

Like the Diego call T! Gl man!

Comment

wow....my picks were 0-3 and bets were 0-1

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
            wow....my picks were 0-3 and bets were 0-1
            This is getting as bad as when Don King controlled boxing.

Comment

wtf happenend? I didnt buy this one

Comment

i didn't get it either.......

Comment

Chuck lost a split decision to Jardine. Jardine used a series of punishing kicks to Chuck's body forcing Chuck to keep his distance. Chuck landed punches but did not result in any serious harm to Jardine. When Chuck became more aggressive Jardine scored points by connecting to Chuck's head even dropping him momentarily in the second. It was close but Jardine won.

Fitch held position the entire fight, dodging numerous submission attempts by Sanchez. Sanchez had nice triangle at the beginning of the third, but Fitch got out. Another split decision, but imo Fitch won all 3 rounds.

Forrest owned a clearly out of shape Shogun. Half way through the second, Shogun was dead on his feet. Griffin set a monsterous pace, but Shogun just looked out of shape. Griffin got Rua to give up his back allowing Forrest to apply a rear naked choke submitting Rua (I believe for the first time.) I think the rule changes going from Pride to UFC hurt Shogun. I'm not sure he took Griffin seriously & he certainly didn't have the cardio.
                  Last edited by bdr60613; 09-23-2007, 10:00 AM.
                  Circumstances do not make the man; they reveal him.

Comment

Working...
                  X