Tuesday's Top Plays!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday's Top Plays!!!

Visit www.WhizSports.com and receive these fully analized free picks straight to your inbox!!

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR SPRING PROMOTIONS, BUY 2 DAYS OF MY PREMIUM PICKS AND RECEIVE 4 DAYS!!!

CONTACT THE WHIZ AND FIND OUT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER PROMOS AVAILABLE!!!

NBA Basketball
    4 Units on Indiana Pacers -7 -110
    In Game 1 in Indiana, Pierce had 21 points in the fourth quarter as the Celtics came back from a 13-point deficit in the last 7 1/2 minutes for a 103-100 win. The Pacers used various tactics to harass Pierce -- from a taller player jumping at him on long shots to double-teaming when he went inside -- but couldn't stop him. They fouled him four times in the third quarter and he sank all seven shots. ``We couldn't get him under control,'' Indiana coach Isiah Thomas said. ``He's a shotmaker and he made shots. I don't think (Ron) Artest could have been any closer to him'' on defense. Jermaine O'Neal's 25 points and 19 rebounds were enough for the Pacers, who looked poised to even the series after a strong first half. ``We just tried to get the ball into Jermaine the whole time, and that does not work,'' Artest said. Reggie Miller, 0-for-7 from the field in the third game, was 1-for-3 in 17 minutes Sunday with his only basket, a 3-pointer, coming with 42 seconds left. ``Hopefully, in the next couple of days I can find my rhythm,'' he said. ``I still feel I can compete at a high level.'' The Pacers scored the first four points if the third quarter for a 52-36 lead, but the Celtics outscored them 37-10 the rest of the period. Indiana cut the margin to 81-76 on Brad Miller's layup with 5:34 left in the game. But the Pacers came no closer as Antoine Walker hit two straight baskets for an 85-76 lead. Indiana fouled the Celtics six times in the last minute, and Boston made 10 of 12 free throws. Pierce hit five of them and had 11 points in the fourth quarter.

5 Units on Los Angeles Lakers -2 -110
    O'Neal had 34 points, 23 rebounds and six assists for the three-time defending champions, who won by outscoring the Timberwolves 22-11 in the last seven minutes. Minnesota didn't make a field goal in a span of 5:18 while falling behind for good, and Kevin Garnett missed two free throws with 15 seconds remaining and a chance to pull the Timberwolves within one. ``This was a game that we had to have,'' O'Neal said. ``We did what we're supposed to do.'' Game 5 will be played Tuesday night at Target Center, where the teams split the first two games of the series. Game 6 is Thursday night at Staples Center. O'Neal grabbed 10 of the Lakers' 18 offensive rebounds to help them to a 29-2 advantage in second-chance points. Lakers coach Phil Jackson and teammate Kobe Bryant challenged O'Neal to be more physical, and the self-proclaimed MDE -- most dominant ever -- did just that. ``Shaq was extremely aggressive -- he had by far his best game of the whole series,'' Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders said. Regarding his dominance on the boards, O'Neal said: ``I was just there, trying to get all the loose balls, trying to get the tips, trying to do my part.'' He did his part, and more. Bryant added 32 points, including 13 in the fourth quarter, despite shooting 7-of-25. He was 16-of-17 from the foul line, making four free throws without a miss in the last 12.8 seconds to clinch the victory. ``This is typical playoff basketball,'' Bryant said. ``You just have to do whatever it takes to win the ballgame.'' Garnett had 28 points, 18 rebounds and five assists, but his missed free throws were costly.

MLB Baseball
    4 Units on Atlanta Braves +1½ -170 (Maddux - R, Oswalt - R)
    Giles had three hits and two RBIs, leading Ortiz and the Atlanta Braves over the Milwaukee Brewers 7-1 Sunday. Facing left-handed starter Glendon Rusch (1-4) and reliever Shane Nance, the right-handed Giles improved to 12-for-20 (.600) against southpaws. He's hitting .363 overall. He finished with two singles and a double, and scored two runs. A day earlier, he hit a go-ahead home run off left-handed reliever Valerio De Los Santos. ``I don't worry about who's pitching or what they're doing,'' Giles said. ``I need to just worry about what I'm doing.'' Javy Lopez, playing his second game since missing five starts with a strained right hamstring, homered for Atlanta, and Chipper Jones had two hits and three RBIs. The Braves have won 11 of their past 13 games.
    WHIZSPORTS.com is America's Solid Sports Handicapping Service! At Whiz Sports we provide something that few other sports services can---CONSISTENCY. This consistency comes from years of experience and hours spent studying the numbers. Using this method and our contacts in the sporting world, we deliver a solid product that has consistently won in the past. You will always receive a detailed analysis of the game at hand. All this, delivered directly to your email!!
Working...
X