Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Picks and Predictions on Line Moves for July 27

By Doug Upstone

It is time for weekend line moves, this week covering baseball money lines, totals and series betting. In addition, we will cover line moves in the CFL for Saturday. Take a minute to review all the betting trends, our free picks and predictions (269-206-4 run, 79-49-2 of late) to see what we are thinking today. See you back here next week.

MLB – (951) N.Y. METS at (952) PITTSBURGH 7:05 ET SNY, ATT-P

After winning 11 in a row, Pittsburgh has dropped two straight and will look to avoid a third consecutive setback. Enough bettors are not so certain the Pirates will, even being good-sized home favorites. The Bucs has slid from -170 to -150 against the Mets and are counting on Ivan Nova (6-6, 4.28 ERA) to turn the tide. Nova is 4-1 with a 3.40 ERA in eight starts since being reinstated from the DL and he is presumed to face a seemingly washed up Jason Vargas (2-6, 8.60), who is coming off the DL himself. Despite the Pirates 11-16 record versus LH starter, I'll side with them with New York 1-8 after a game with a combined score of 15 runs or more.

Betting Trend - 85% backing Pittsburgh
    Doug's VPID Take - Lean Pittsburgh

MLB – (953) PHILADELPHIA at (954) CINCINNATI 7:10 ET NBC-P, FSOH

The Phillies bats have been bashing the horsehide in their last five outings, tallying 35 runs, which makes it odd the total would come down from 9.5 to 9. Cincy's Anthony DeSclafani (4-3, 5.40) is not going to remind anyone of a young Johnny Cueto and the Phils Nick Pivetta (6-8, 4.69) can be knocked around, especially in that Cincinnati bandbox ballpark. With the Reds 15-5 OVER this month and Pivetta 15-6 OVER if his club's off a 'W', I like a larger score.

Betting Trend - 81% backing Over
    Doug's VPID Take - Play Over

MLB – (963) MILWAUKEE at (964) SAN FRANCISCO 10:15 ET FSWI, NBC-BA

When Madison Bumgarner (3-3, 3.19) pitched in the past, San Francisco had a very good chance of winning. Not anymore, as the Giants are no longer a World Series quality club. With Milwaukee having the decidedly better squad, they have tumbled 30 cents to just +115 underdogs. Chase Anderson (6-7, 3.81) has a 2.66 ERA on the road this season, but a lack of runs has kept Milwaukee at only 4-5 in his starts. Maybe I have soft spot for Mad Bum and should be thinking Brew Crew, but I'll lean with the Giants again since they and Bumgarner are 8-2 vs. the Brewers.

Betting Trend - 73% backing San Francisco
    Doug's VPID Take - Lean San Francisco

More Free Picks at www.VegasProInsidersDaily.com

Become a VPID member for Only $7.00 for 7 days and I Guarantee you will be saying "Give Me More" with Doug Upstone's Premium Plays, our Wise Guys plays, Super Systems and we will set you up on auto renewal for only $39.99 a month for all sports, cancel at any time. Doug's on 26-12 rampage in baseball!
Working...
X