Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 12 Recap and Thanksgiving Day FREE Play

Week 12 RECAP

A nice bounce-back week for us, as we went 5-2, although we split out two best bet games. That brings us to 57% in NCAAF, 61% in NFL, and 61% on our best bets for a total of 12.8 Units. This also includes going 3-2 in basketball.

Take advantage of our midseason special of $99 for the rest of the season. This offer also includes
    basketball thru the Super Bowl and a copy off my e-book "The Winning Edge" which covers the
    fundamentals of football and basketball, money management, and tips for selecting a handicapper
    The book is also available for $5.99

visit ACDinero.com - Home Page - Sports Handicapping Service - Handicapping the NFL, NBA, and NCAA. for more information

NCAAF

My how things have changed within a week. Maryland and Rutgers are joining the Big 10, which I am sure will open the floodgates for some more conference re-alighnment. All of those people who were bashing the BCS claiming there was going to be armaggedon because there was going to be four undefeated teams can go back under their rocks, after quoting the great Rick Perry, eh oops of course. Every year its the same thing: November rolls around and there are multiple undefeated teams. And every year, there are some big games left to be played and the pressure starts to creep in. And just like all of those years, it happened again this season. Kansas St must have been reading from the same playbook their Big 12 brethern, Oklahoma St, read from last year. Now that we have control of our own destiny and a bullseye on our backs, lets go out and embarass ourselves in our next game. They executed that plan perfectly. I am not surprised Baylor's offense moved the ball and scored some points. What surprised me is how inept the K State offense was against a very suspect Baylor defense, managing only 17 points. Pressure and turnovers can have that kind of effect. Its the same old story with Oregon. Their quirky, up tempo offense causes alot of matchup problems for most teams. But just as Ohio St did twice, and LSU last year, they got pushed around at the point of attack by Stanford on both lines of scrimmage. If they don't get off to a fast start, all of the sudden the timing is off and they start to force things. And that is exactly what happened against Stanford. We had Stanford last week for this exact reason. This week: so many great rivalry games during Thanksgiving, but we will focus on the ones that have the biggest impact on the BCS Championship hunt:

Notre Dame vs USC: Not exactly how the Trojans imagined this game. No Matt Barkley and facing a five loss season after being preseason #1. USC may be a team to look to play against in their bowl game.

Auburn vs Alabama: Never thought I'd see a 30+ pt spread in the Iron Bowl. It may not be enough for Auburn as they face an 0-8 SEC season.

Georgia Tech vs Georgia: The Yellow Jackets may be looking ahead to the ACC championship game now that they are in after Miami declared themselves inelligible. Georgia can be a bit neurotic, especially since they control their own destiny.

NFL

Unlike College football, not much has changed this week. Peyton Manning may be getting all the headlines in Denver, but it is their defense that will determine how far this team goes in January. Atlanta and Houston had poor defenive efforts last week. In Houston's case, it was just a bad day. In Atlanta's case, it is cause for concern. The Ravens win at Pittsburgh, as ugly as it was, should lock up the AFC North title. They have a two game lead and still get the Steelers home in a few weeks, most likely with no Ben Roethlisberger. The best week of the season, Thanksgiving:

Houston vs Detroit: Season on the line for the Lions, and they take special pride in this game every year.

Washington vs Dallas: changing of the guard in this fierce NFC East rivalry?

New England vs NY Jets: Thanksgiving night should be reserved for the colleges only

Thanksgiving Day FREE Play

Houston vs Detroit
    Play on Detroit +3

One of the worst plays in the NFL is the Non-conference road favorite. The Lions season is on the line here. Also, this team takes a lot of pride in playing this game each year.
Working...
X