Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 7 Recap

Week 7 Recap

Not our best week of the season, going 3-4 and missing on our best bet Uconn. We preach 3rd downs here, but it was a couple of 4th downs that turned a winning week into a losing week. Uconn couldn't stop Temple who tied the game with 19 seconds left, and Baltimore could stop Dallas on 4th and 10, after giving up 17 yards on a 3rd and 27. But we take the bad with the good, and the good has been much better than the bad, as we are still +9.7 units for the season, hitting 61% in the NFL, 59% in NCAAF, and 62.5% on our best bets.

We are at the halfway point in college football, and after last weeks action, the following 1 loss teams have a legit chance at the BCS Championship: USC, Oklahoma, and LSU. I am guessing Auburn still wished they had Tommy Tuberville, even though they won a championship with Gene Chizk. Auburn is in disarry and Texas Tech just had a big win over WVU and appears to be an up and coming team in the Big 12. Kudos to the job Mike Riley is doing at Oregon St, currently in the top 10. The opposite is true for Mack Brown. He has already replaced all the assistant coaches, so that leaves only him. Cuortesy of Geno Smith, the Heisman race is now wide open.

This weeks action:

College football is doing an excellent job of ruining its tradition, as Cal plays Stanford this week.
    We will find out if Arizona St is for real, as they get featured on TV this week against Oregon
    South Carolina vs Florida - the end of a brutal stretch for the Gamecocks. Get by Florida here, and control your own destiny in the SEC East
    Michigan St vs Michigan - not as big as it appeared in the beginning of the season
    Kansas St vs WVU - If the Wildcats can win here, they have an excellent chance of going undefeated. But we could have said this last week for WVU. In fact I did.
    Finally, the "3rd Saturday of October"; Can Tyker Bray challenge the Crimson Tide defense with the downfield pass
    In the NFL, the Ravens defense takes a big hit, losing a starting CB for the year, as well as the heart and soul of the franchise, really, as Ray Lewis may have played his last game. A couple of teams saved their seasons, for now: Detroit and Green Bay. One that may be in a bit of trouble: Philadelphia. The focus has been turnovers from the QB, which is a problem, but what happened to that vaunted pass rush? I guess it will be the job of the new DC, as the old one was fired. Is it me or are there a bunch of mediocre 3-3 teams this season? It just goes to show that a handful of plays do decide just about every NFL game. So much for the Cardinals. Losing at home to Buffalo can have that effect. The same can be said for Houston. They are still a good team, but that elite status may have been a bit premature. There really aren't any elite teams this season. I know Atlanta's record says they are, but I am not buying it. This week:

We will see how Houston responds to a bad loss. They get a wounded Baltimore team on defense this week.
    NY Jets at NE - is the AFC East that mediocre or is anyone any good?
    Pitt at Cinncinati - The loser may be out of the AFC North picture

Oregon vs Arizona St
    FREE PLAY: Arizons St +9

visit ACDinero.com - Home Page - Sports Handicapping Service - Handicapping the NFL, NBA, PGA, and NCAA.

AC

AC is the author of "The Winning Edge", an E-Book that covers the fundamentals of football and basketball, money management, and tips for selecting a handicapper
Working...
X