Big Sam Tuesday Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Sam Tuesday Picks

I am taking a look at 6 plays today… 2 are free plays below (actually they all are)

In response to members of the site, I will use a unit system. Your unit play is up to you. My scale is 1 to 5; five being the best play since that’s what the monitoring service uses.

Chicago Cubs over Pirates
    3 Units – RL -105

Continue to fade the Pirates, a team that will rise up and win one now and then, they are 13-52 on the road. Sure they’ll be mad about the stomping from last night, but Dempster will extinguish the flame.

Dempster has had a decent year considering the Cubs lack of one. He’s had one sore spot against the Bucs. 0-2 allowing 6 ER’s in 14 innings; one home one away.

Karstens is 0-6 on the road, 4.48 and pitched well v. cubs in two allowing 4 ER’s in 12. I am siding with Vegas in this one, momentum and home field and Dempster avenging two close losses.

Florida Marlins RL over Nats
    2 Units – RL +120

Zimmerman has a ways to go to get back to form and even then he’s been a plus 4 era pitcher. His upside is good and he could be a solid starter for the Nats in the future, but tonight he won’t have enough.

Sanchez is the second ace of the staff and is 2.69 era at home and 1-0 vs. Nats plus a ND that the Marlins won.

I'm laying the runs as the Marlins bounce back after a surprising bad loss last night.

Tampa Rays over Bluejays
    2 Units – ML – 146

No doubt Romeo is a solid opponent for the Rays, but Tampa is hitting the ball well and winner’s of 7 of L10 games and handled Cecil last night without too much trouble.

Niemann was rocked in LA in his last start, but Tampa has won 7 of his L10 games, and he’s 2.85 and 5-2 in Florida. It’s a decent line and worth a play against one of if not the best team in AL.

Minnesota Twins over Tigers
    2 Units – RL +110

Duensing has stepped in and performed very well for the Twins, that’s no big secret, but since coming from the pen, Brian has allowed only 1 ER in 17 innings at home. vs. LAA and Oak. His only stumbles were still decent outings against Tampa and Texas, giving 7 runs in 12 innings were Minn lost both on the road in close games. You are going to get a good effort from Duensing.

Galarraga has flashes of greatness, but overall he's a 4.04 arm and 6.44, 1-2 away from Michigan. He’s going to give you a good game as well, but in time he’ll allow a few runs, his only big stumble in the last 10 was against the Twins; 6 runs in 4.1 innings.

Free Plays

San Diego over D-Backs
    Free (1 unit) +107

Pads can hear the footsteps and on paper Kennedy has had the best of the Pads this year, Correia, not so much. He was shelled not a week ago lasting 3.1 innings and 9 runs. He also struggled against Milwaukee too.

I believe its payback time, the Pads are still the better team and in 1st place for a reason. Do I trust the D-backs to hit like last night again, no!

Cincinnati Reds over Brewers
    Free (1 unit) -108

Reds are the better team, on a roll and need to step up in welcoming Harang back from the DL and he did nothing special in the Minor Leag. rehab play to brag about. But he has fared well at home overall and this is a Reds play more than a Harang play.

Gallardo is solid for Milw, and plays well on the road, but gave up 5 ER’s after an earlier win vs. Reds and I see that again.

Please visit the website, all areas are open, no paid plays… Free for now. Home

Monitored by Pro Sports Monitor
Working...
X