United States Sports Academy (USSA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United States Sports Academy (USSA)

Being that BC is a sports-related forum, I figured I could maybe get some opinions on the aforementioned school. I'm looking to either get a 2nd Masters (Masters of Sports Science/M.S.S) or a Doctorate of Sports Management (D.S.M). I liked USSA because I can take all of my classes online being that I'm in the military and currently UNLV doesn't offer these programs. If anyone has any experience with this school, knows someone that went there or has any info regarding its reputation, please share. Thanks for your help guys.

Jimmy

Here's some info regarding USSA's accreditation:

"The United States Sports Academy is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Baccalaureate degree (level II), the Masters of Sport Science degree (level III), and the Doctor of Sports Management degree (level V).

The Doctor of Sports Management (D.S.M.) and Master of Sports Science (M.S.S.) degrees are on the approved list of the Sports Management Program Review Committee (SMPRC), a joint committee of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) and North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM). These two organizations are the leading professional groups in sport education and sport management respectively. These affiliations recognize the quality and the value of the Academy's D.S.M. and M.S.S. programs in Sports Managemen."

There are only 27 schools on the approved list of SMPRC for the M.S.S, and only 5 on the list of approved D.SM. programs.
    Last edited by LVJimmy; 04-20-2006, 01:50 AM.
Working...
X