Jason18!! Ya got your wish Buddy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason18!! Ya got your wish Buddy!!

I noticed in your sig you said something about wanting UT to fire Randy Sanders.. Well ya got most of your wish.. He is quitting!!

Randy Sanders will resign as the Volunteers' offensive coordinator, ESPN's Joe Schad reported Monday.

Coach Phil Fulmer will take over the play-calling responsibilities for the remainder of the season.

A source within the Tenneesee football program told The Nashville Tennessean on Sunday that Fulmer and Sanders had been engaged in discussions focused on Sanders resigning as coordinator.

Sanders spoke to Fulmer about the possibility of quiting after the Vols' 16-15 loss to South Carolina on Saturday and again on Sunday, the paper reported.

"It's hard for me personally and hard for everybody on the football team, all the coaches and everybody involved with the program," Sanders told the paper of the toll this season was taking. "Obviously, fans have a lot of stake, but nobody has more at stake than we do.

"It's what we live and what we do. When you're not successful, it hurts ... hurts a lot."

The Vols (3-4, 2-4) started this season ranked No. 3 in the country with national title expectations, but behind their offensive struggles they've lost three straight for the first time under Fulmer and are still trying to become bowl eligible.

"That is not what we expected," Fulmer said after the game. "What you saw out there was unacceptable."

Tennessee has four regular-season losses for only the second time under Fulmer.

"In my 13 years, I've not had a season like this," Fulmer said. "I have never had anything that was easily handed to me and this [season] is not easy. We'll make whatever tough decisions need to be made ... personnel looks that need to be made. We're going to get this thing back on track."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
Working...
X