Pat Riley Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Riley Theory

As the NBA season started, I posted a statement that Pat Riley said several years back. He said that the toughest thing as a coach is to motivate a team after they have a tough loss at home and then have to travel the very next day and play away against a team that was off the previous night. I remember reading this on some site and the idea was to play against the traveling team as long as the home loss from the previous night was tough; lost a big lead, an overtime game, or came from way behind only to fall a bit short. I followed this for a while and did quite well. I'm sorry i can't give you exact percentages. This has been a tough year, so I really have not paid attention to how it has done this year. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that Memphis (NBA) falls into this system. Tough loss at home in overtime and now traveling to San Antonio to play the Spurs who were off Friday night. The play is obviously on the Spurs. I contribute with service plays as much as I can, but I wanted to give you something besides a 20 star lock of the year/month/day/. Good luck if you play.
Working...
X