NFL: Play the hot hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL: Play the hot hand

As the season winds down, I think it's important to stick with teams that are gelling right now. That said, I think the Sunday card is the toughest of the year.

NFL YTD: 23-16 +3.7 units

1* Cowboys -7 (-115)
    New Orleans has the look of a dead team and the Cowboys are suddenly hot. Dallas should get a huge lift coming home after Monday's emotional win. Julius Jones is the real deal and should be able to run at will against the New Orleans defense, which is rated dead last against the run. Cowboys are still in the playoff hunt, meaning Parcells gets his way and Drew Henson stays on the bench---a big positive.

1* Vikings/Seahawks OVER 52
    I actually like the Vikings a lot but I think the total is the stronger play. Seattle's defense is just horrid right now and Minnesota should be able to move the ball at will in the air, especially with Moss returning home to the dome. Seattle is shell-shocked by the Dallas loss but is likely to put the ball in the air continuously against the lame Vikings defense. It's a high number, but remember that Seattle has given up 81 points the last two weeks and those games were at home! If Minnesota can get to 35---which I think they will----this game should go over the number.

1* Chargers -5
    My iffiest call of the three but it's hard to get off the Chargers here since they have to keep winning to guarantee a playoff spot. While Tampa is improving, their best games have been against teams in the crappy NFC while San Diego has racked up its big record in the much tougher AFC. Home teams tend to play best in December especially in the second back to back home games.
Working...
X