Twins-Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins-Yankees

Been studying this game for about 2 hours and here's what I've come up with.

Take all the stats on Santana and Mussina and throw them out the window! Here's why! This game is going to be played in some chilly weather. The game time temperature is suppose to be around 55, but I say it will be colder than that. The temperature here in Central Pa is already 57 as I am writing this thread. The temperatures are suppose to be dropping fast. I know that throwing in these types of temperatures are extremely hard to do. Both pitchers fastballs won't be as live as they would be in normal to warmer weather. I think this game will turn into an offensive type game and I'm giving the edge to the Yankees.

The Yankees active roster is 25 for 85 lifetime vs Santana with 5 doubles, 2 homeruns for a .294 BA, .388 OBP, and a .424 SLG percentage. Mussina lost last years opening series game to the Twins and he will definitely be looking for some revenge. He throws different types of curveballs from different angles and tries to find which pitch is the most effective for him on a given night I have to give him the edge in this game with the weather conditions vs Santana being a younger more power type pitcher. The Yankees have won the last 4 games between the clubs this year and getting a win in the series opener against the Twins ace would be a great advantage for the Yankees!

The Twins active roster is 47 for 252 lifetime vs Mussina with 3 HR's, a .187 BA, .228 OBP, and a .278 SLG%. The Twins being a dome team won't be able to handle the chilly weather as well as the Yankees and I look for Santana to take an early exit tonight with the possibility of his arm tightening up on him if he tries to reach back and throw a little harder than he normally does.

I am predicting the Yankees to win this game 6-4! With that being said I'm playing the Yankees at a pick for 5 units and the game total over 7 1/2 for another 5 units! Good luck to everyone tonight with your play/s!

GL Krunch
    :D
    Last edited by krunch; 10-05-2004, 08:04 PM.
Working...
X