Tues. MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tues. MLB

There's been a lot of talk on sportstalk radio here in New York about the Mets and in particular, Al Leiter. The Mets are in terrible shape and Leiter has been criticized for his poor pitching and lack of effort. The Mets have an option to sign him for next year for 10 million dollars. Sportstalk radio hosts are saying that they wouldn't renew his contract for 10 million for next year ( Mike and the Mad Dog among others ), and Leiter refuses to be a guest on the most popular station, WFAN. I think that he has something to prove today, after all, he's gotta want to be resigned for 10 million ( who wouldn't ). This is a good spot for him to try and make a statement to management that he can still pitch effectively. I know the Mets are terrible, they didn't hit a lick against Pitt. this past weekend, but Montreal ain't the Yankees. Livan Hernandez lost his last game against the Mets, is 7-8 lifetime against the Mets, and only 6-6 at home this year. That, plus Leiter's incentive to end the year with a strong pitching performance makes the Mets at +110 my Tues. Play.
Working...
X