Bad news, lovers of chaos: Packers, Aaron Rodgers belong together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news, lovers of chaos: Packers, Aaron Rodgers belong together

Listen, I don't try to live my life as a contrarian. That's not true -- I kind of do. I've spent a lot of time in public houses and taverns, and I've heard a lot of the sports world's most popular opinions. Sometimes, I think it's best to take a look at the other side.

In this space, I articulate positions that are the opposite of what most people think -- unpopular opinions, if you will -- and explain why, well, my unpopular opinions are right and everyone else is wrong. Below, I explain why an all-timer QB would do well NOT to leave the team with which he's won tons of games:

"[There are] a lot of guys' futures that are uncertain, myself included."

Those were the words of Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers after a second consecutive loss in the NFC Championship Game -- which ruined his first career chance to claim the conference title at Lambeau -- and they were about as subtle as the metal folding chair Seth Rollins swung on Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose when he broke up The Shield.

That led everyone to start asking: Was Rodgers seeking his own breakup with the only NFL team he's ever played for? Six months after he voiced apparent displeasure with the Packers' decision to trade up in the 2020 NFL Draft to select his eventual replacement, was he trying to orchestrate his own exit from Green Bay? Maybe force a trade?

https://www.nfl.com/news/bad-news-lo...going-anywhere
Working...
X