Championship Sunday Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship Sunday Plays

Went 3-1 in College Hoops yesterday. Let's get a couple of NFL winners today.

New England vs Denver

The New England Patriots are once again primed to make a trip to the Super Bowl and all that is standing in their way is a trip to Denver to face the great Peyton Manning and that very strong Denver defense. This is not a great place for them to play at though as they are just 1-5 ATS their last six trips here. The Patriots have been an injury riddled team for much of the year, especially in the vaunted WR corp, but still that hasn’t stopped Brady from throwing for 4770 yards with 36 Ts and just 7 INTs on the year. That translates into the 5th best passing offense in the league. They are a healthy WR corp right now and Brady did have a solid game last week vs a tough KC defense as he threw for 302 yards in the 27-20 win. This is a potent offense that ranks 3rd in the league in scoring, putting up 29.1 ppg. They are not just offense this year as that defense has also been solid, ranking 9th in yards allowed and 10th in points allowed (19.7 ppg)

Denver has had another solid year as they went 12-4 overall and won the #1 seed in the AFC in the process. Peyton is now 3-2 in the playoffs when the team he is playing for has the number 1 seed, after last week’s 23-16 win over Pittsburgh. The Broncos won the top seed, despite inconsistent play at the QB spot, especially when Manning was out. Even when he was in the struggled to be consistent on offense. The Broncos come in at 14th in the league in passing and Manning tossed just 10 TDs compared to 17 INTs on the year. This was not his best year by a long shot, but still here they are playing for a trip to the Super Bowl. The offense was really led by a solid ground attack that was led by the duo of Ronnie Hillman and CJ Anderson, who combined for 1583 yards and 12 TDs during the regular season. The running game should help open up throwing lanes for Manning vs a solid Patriots pass defense. Overall the offense has been very average this year, but it hasn’t been their offense that has led them. It has been a defense that ranks 1st in yards allowed, 1st vs the pass, 3rd vs the run and 4th in points allowed, giving up just 18.5 ppg. The Patriots strong passing attack vs the Broncos pass defense will be fun to watch.

Let’s play the Over in this one. Manning and company looked out of sorts last week, but I expect them to have a better showing this week vs the New England defense and he will have to as you can bet that the Pats will put up their fair share of points. New England has one of these best offenses in football and they have averaged 26.5 ppg o the road this year, so I do expect they to hit at least the mid 20s in this one, even against the league’s number one defense. The Bronco offense hasn’t been that good this year, but they did score 23 points last week and I expect about the same here. Six of the last 7 games in this series hit the 50’s and this one should as well. This one has 27-23 written all over it.

Play New England/ Denver Over 44.5

I Also Will Be Playing:

Carolina/ Arizona Over 47

GLA and enjoy the games
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311
Working...
X