McNabb draws start vs. Falcons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McNabb draws start vs. Falcons

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Donovan McNabb will start the Philadelphia Eagles' playoff game against the Atlanta Falcons on Saturday night, his first action in nearly two months.

The two-time Pro Bowl quarterback hasn't played since breaking his right ankle against the Arizona Cardinals on Nov. 17.

"I'm excited about where I'm at and getting back on the field," McNabb said Tuesday. "I'm able to do a lot of things I was able to do before I got hurt, and I learned a lot by watching."

The Eagles were 7-3 with McNabb, who was having the best season of his four-year career. McNabb completed 211 of 361 passes (58 percent) for 2,289 yards, 17 touchdowns and six interceptions in 10 games. He ran for 460 yards and six TDs.

McNabb practiced for the first time with the team last week, taking all the snaps in practice Thursday and Friday.

"He worked hard getting himself back into shape, he's pain-free, and he's looked sharp," Eagles head coach Andy Reid said.

Without McNabb, Philadelphia went 5-1 behind Koy Detmer and A.J. Feeley, captured its second consecutive NFC East title and earned home-field advantage for the playoffs.
Working...
X