NCAAF Plays O' the Day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAAF Plays O' the Day....

Odd that so many faves covered yesterday!!

Miami @ Pitt (+3)

I like this game alot. Miami is 3-1 SU and ATS on the road this season while the OU is 0-4 away. The Canes are averaging 27.5 ppg away this year and Brock Berlin has been....uhhh...absolutely awful as of late. The Canes biggest problem is their TO rate on the road. They are averaging 3.2 TO's away this season. They also average 364 YPG on the road which doesn't vary too much from the norm for them. However, in their last 3 games, the Canes are averaging a measly 19 ppg and even though their defense is allowing just 10 ppg, the combo of Rod Rutherford and Larry Fitzgerald are bound and determined to outperform that. Miami is on an 0-4 ATS streak in their last 4 games. The only real decent streak I see that favors Miami (and it's a stretch) is that after a home win SU and an ATS loss with the next game on the road, the Canes are 2-0. Pitt is 4-1 SU and 3-2 ATS at home this season and the Canes haven't seen a tandem like Rutherford and Fitzgerald in awhile. The panthers are averaging 32.8 ppg at home while the defense is allowing just 17.2 ppg. Add in the fact that Berlin cannot put the ball downfield and this looks strong. In the last 3 games, Pitt is averaging 425 ypg. Since 1992, Pitt is 3-1 ATS against Miami. Oh, one more thing, it's supposed to be 29 degrees at kickoff. Those pretty boys from miami have no chance!!

Pitt + 3 5*
    Pitt/Miami UNDER 47.5 5*

Temple (+22) @ West Virginia

This and the Pitt game are really my only two dog plays today but I like Temple in this one also. With a spread of 22 or more this season (let's face it, it is Temple) the Owls are 2-1. They are 4-2 ATS away this year and 2-1 ATS in their last 3 overall. This sophomore QB Walter Washington is just sick. He's like a Micheal Vick, but with a cannon for an arm. In his last 2 games, he's got 657 total yards with 1 rushing TD and 3 passing. Add in the fact that this is a rivalry that has been going on for 70+ years, also Temple is 4-0 ATS AT WVU since 1992, and that in the last 5 meetings between these teams the game has been decided by 5 points or less and I think we are looking at a huge upset if not a solid cover. Temple wil try to play spoiler in this one. Also, the weather is supposed to be 33 degrees at kickoff.

Temple +22 3*
    Temple/WVU UNDER 51 3*

Also like,

Memphis -10
    La. Tech -7.5
    Boise St. -22
    TCU -24
    Syracuse -6

Good luck,

The Ham mer
    "You're only as good as the effort you put forth!!"

Sports-Plays.com