santa anita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• santa anita

SANTA ANITA -- Race #4 -- TERPSICHORE (#1)
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Today's 4th race is a starter allowance turf mile for fillies and mares. Par for this level is a 96. The speed figures report points TERPSICHORE (5-2) as the filly to beat. This gal exits a very strong turf route from August 25th at Del Mar. The winning figures for that race were 102-107-100+ for this same 96 level. TERPSICHORE posted figures of 92-101-99+ for her turf debut. Trainer Julio Canani has found that turf might now be TERPSICHORE's preferred surface. Everything points to another top effort today as TERPSICHORE will also get a jockey upgrade to Victor Espinoza for the first time.

I could not really find a danger to today's spot play. This race is top heavy with early pace types. I would expect a faster than par pace figure which should set things up well for TERPSICHORE. If our spot play should blow things open through the final stretch, the likely candidates to pick up the minor placings should include BETTYS TRIBUTE (6-1), SWEET HEAT (12-1), FREE RENT (8-1) and REDMEANSGO (7-2). Other than today's spot play TERPSICHORE, I really don't have much confidence in the other fillies. Let's place the straight wager on TERPSICHORE and call it a day. Good luck!
Working...
X