X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delmar

DEL MAR -- Race #1 -- M. A. FOX (#4)
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Today's first race is an allowance N1x turf route for three year old fillies. Par for this level is a 102. M.A. FOX (2-1) is listed as second choice to JEWEL OF THE YEAR (9-5) even though M.A. FOX has figures far superior to the favorite. M.A. FOX broke her maiden with outstanding figures of 99-106 for the 100 level. This daughter of Gone West has multiple sprint races that "upward slope" which is very important for horses stretching out in distance. Trainer Warren Stute has prepared his filly with a couple of stamina building drills (since raced) with one over the Del Mar turf course. Kent D stays aboard for what should be a successful first attempt at this allowance N1x level.

I really don't think JEWEL OF THE YEAR is very tough on figures and she may not be the second best filly in this race. Her career best figures of 96-100-100 are leaving the door wide open for an X factor to sneak into the mix. My pick for second will have to go to the Churchill Downs shipper MOONLIGHT CRUISE (8-1). Even though we don't have figures for this filly, the fact that Nakatani rides makes me think MOONLIGHT CRUISE could be live. However, I can't see any filly in this race beating M.A. FOX with the figures advantage that she has.

My strategy will call for a win bet on M.A. FOX and one large exacta and/or quinella combo to MOONLIGHT CRUISE. Good luck!
Working...
X