Going Bowling: Post-Red River Rivalry edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Bowling: Post-Red River Rivalry edition

Another week, another bowl projection from myself. It was an eventful week in the Big 12 and college football as a whole, despite the fellas from Stillwater have a bye week. A lot of dominos fell this week and more dominos will fall as the season goes on. For now, here's how I think the Big 12 bowl outlook looks like Tyler Batty Jersey. Oklahoma- Orange Bowl vs Georgia The Sooners appear in the College Football Playoff almost by default. As #1 Alabama and #4 Penn State lost and fell down the polls. The Sooners came back in a shootout at the Cotton Bowl to remain undefeated and are now bowl-eligible for the 23rd straight year. Georgia is without question the best team in football right now. Therefore, this would make Oklahoma, the 4th seed in my projections. Oklahoma State- Sugar Bowl vs AlabamaWell, to the fans that yell "We want Bama"- 1. Why? and 2. Here's your chance Alabama falls here because I think Georgia beats them in the SEC Championship game, preventing the Tide from another CFP appearance. They get the next best thing, a trip to New Orleans on New Year's Day. The Cowboys had a bye and move up to the Sugar Bowl Samuel Allred Jersey, due to Oklahoma going to the CFP and The Sugar Bowl needing to have a Big 12 tie-in to this year. Baylor- Alamo Bowl vs Arizona State Baylor blew the brakes off of West Virginia 45-20 this Saturday. This Bears team is emerging as a dark horse in the Big 12 as a sneaky 5-1 team. They still must face Oklahoma and Texas. But they host both. They also host a BYU team coming off of a loss to Boise State this past week. A very interesting game between a current Big 12 school and a future Big 12 school. Arizona State holds the line after beating Stanford and currently lead the Pac-12 South division. Texas- Cheez-It Bowl vs Pitt Texas pulled an Atlanta Falcons on Saturday and this was their last tweet. They're just refusing to post the final score! However, their bowl position remains the same from last week. But their opponent is different. The ACC is a complete mess, so Pitt fills in this spot after North Carolina lost to Florida State.... TCU- Texas Bowl vs Texas AMThe Horned Frogs were supposed to go to this game last year but ultimately cancelled due to COVID protocols. TCU dominated Texas Tech in Lubbock and hope to carry that momentum against an undefeated Sooner team in Norman. Texas AM can say they beat Alabama so that's honestly two wins if you think about. Both Texas-based schools probably want to stay in Texas this holiday season. So they'll finish off bowl season in a Texas-sized matchup between old Southwest Conference foes. Iowa State- Liberty Bowl vs Mississippi StateIowa State fits in here, barring an unprecedented run toward the Big 12 Championship. They had a nice win against Kansas and take on Kansas State. Iowa State still has a chance to make some huge moves upward https://www.bcoutletstore.com/Seleti...eaki_Jersey-55, with Oklahoma State next week, Texas on November 6th and Oklahoma on November 20th. The SEC West is kind of a coin flip at this moment. Mississippi State has potential to finish 7-5 or 8-4. The question is will they live up to it? Kansas State- Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs WisconsinKansas State has potentially to play spoiler for a lot of teams wanting to finishing above .500. One of them being Iowa State this weekend. I think the odds are in Kansas State's favor to still have a real strong season, despite the two early losses. Wisconsin, despite being 2-3, has a really light schedule the rest of the way and I think they can easily make a bowl game and finish with six wins or more. Teams that won't make a bowl game Texas Tech- I've never seen a 4-2 team be so bad. I still don't know how they beat West Virginia, who has their own problems right now. Right now, I think the Red Raiders only winnable game is against Kansas, who is next week. But that defense is atrocious. It makes babies cry. 70 points to Texas and 52 points to TCU. That's really bad for Texas Tech who hasn't had a defense since maybe Mike Leach! West Virginia- What's happening in Morgantown? The Mountaineers are 2-4 and are 0-3 in conference play. Fortunately for them, they have a bye this week to get their crap together. But winning the next 4 out of 6 to be bowl eligible is going to be tough. The good news is, they host Texas, Oklahoma State and Iowa State. Bad news, traveling to TCU and Kansas State is aren't easy wins. Kansas- They're trying their best and that's all that matters really.
Working...
X