Thursday night football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday night football

I would be careful if you are taking the Saints in this one. First glance says Saints in a blowout but this team does have a few things working against them. They haven't been near as good on the road as they have been at home. This doesn't mean that they CAN'T play on the road; they did play the Pats well in New England and almost won that game. The Saints may also be without Darren Sproles which is a pretty big loss if he is gone. He does a lot for them on special teams and on the offense. Starting CB Jabari Greer will be out for the Saints and he is an important piece to the pass D. The Falcons have looked bad both on the road and at home but aside from the Seahawks loss at home, they have at least fared much better in their dome as opposed to on the road. Needless to say, in recent years they have been stellar at home. Aside from the numbers, and in my opinion more important than the numbers themselves, is that the Falcons are playing a prime time game at home and don't want to be embarassed. They are also hungry for a win and normally I don't think this all means a huge advantage in the NFL for poor teams but this is a rivalry game. Also, the Saints are coming off a hard-fought win to the Niners. This could be used as momentum but in a short week I will guess that it works against the Saints, even with the good coaching that they have. The Saints are totally capable of blowing the Falcons away in this one. Giving up 41 to the Bucs means the Saints can score 50 no doubt. But, keep in mind that the Saints average 33 at home but just 22 on the road. All this paired with the Saints getting A TON of public money looks like it could spell trouble for the Saints. The Falcons have flat-out sucked and deserve to get blown out this game but they do still have players like Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Steven Jackson, Osi, Asante Samuel, etc. This isn't the Jags.
Working...
X